• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Anyone have any opinions on the new hydor koralia pumps? I currently have 2 Seio 820's, (attached by suction cups). The Seio 820 pump with a magnet would cost $70 apiece. The equivalent with Hydor, (850gph), is $40 and they come with the magnets. Any history on this product line regarding durability, water movement, noise level etc?

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...&Product_Code=HY-P19301&Category_Code=koralia

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I'm one of the few Seio "advocates" remaining :(, but the Koralia blows them out of the water, IMO. It's still too early to analyze durability, but the Koralia provides a wider flow pattern and makes virtually no noise...even on startup. Throw in a magnet and directionalability (i just made that up :grumpy: ) and you have a head to head winner.

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So in your opinion you thing the Hydor model 3 is a better overall pump than the Seio 820? I currently have 2 X seio 820's and was thinking of substituting the 2 Hydor model 3's, (850gph). I have an 85 gal flat back hex with a panworld rtn pump, (1190 gph).

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How are the Koralia's on servicing? Is it easy to move the outside magnet and to pull the pump out of the tank for cleaning etc?

EZ

Attachments

• easy3_1.jpg
    easy3_1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 225

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I was at New World yesterday in Manhattan. They just got a large shipment of all models. Got a model two and a model three. Nice design, easy to use, directional capabilities is phenomenal. The water flow pattern seems to go in a spiral. Servicing this thing is beyond easy. So far I am impressed with these suckers. Time will tell. The build quality of the Koralia seems very durable.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Great to hear Herman!
I also order a #2 & 3..I expect delivery today.

Youre definitely going to like them. A lot of thought was put in the design of these things. The whole magnet assembly with the soft rubber pads will really put your mind at ease as far as the glass scratching. The flow is not harsh but reaches quite far.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: