• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Sorry dean, i must be smoking. The number 2 will be sitting in my freah water holding trash can 44 gallon brute. i have a maxijet 1200 that runs 24/7 in there and will be switching it for the #2 pump, less wattage. also if the two 400gph are not enough for my 30 gal, i'll switch one 400gph for the 600gph and put the 400gph in fresh water tub. sorry dean, mR. Link master. lol

Initially, I thought #2 was to pump water into the tank for auto top off which i believe is why dean was asking for an explaination.
So it looks like you're just circulating fresh water... any reason why?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Initially, I thought #2 was to pump water into the tank for auto top off which i believe is why dean was asking for an explaination.
So it looks like you're just circulating fresh water... any reason why?
i am not a fan of just having water sitting in a garbage can still. i like to aerate water that i use in my system at all times. Just something i like to do

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
:confused: For someone counting watts, it seems strange to have a pump dedicated to circulate fresh water. But who am I to wonder...your results speak for themselves. :D

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
:confused: For someone counting watts, it seems strange to have a pump dedicated to circulate fresh water. But who am I to wonder...your results speak for themselves. :D
thanks dean. i not feeling so bad counting watts, hears why. then again i will start a new thread. i'm taking over this poor guys thread. lol

Henrye

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't you feel that the 30g Finnex is going to become awfully crowded with 2 of these in there? I considered 1 for a 24g, and thought it would take up too much display room. Can you post a pic when you're set up with them to get an idea how they look in a small tank?

Henry

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Don't you feel that the 30g Finnex is going to become awfully crowded with 2 of these in there? I considered 1 for a 24g, and thought it would take up too much display room. Can you post a pic when you're set up with them to get an idea how they look in a small tank?

Henry
no problem will do

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i still owe you a pic. will take today

Henry

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Deanos,

Thanks for the F&S sale info. I just had a #4 delivered at a higher price & F&S matched their own lower saleprice. I'll by you a drink at the swap.:beer:

No problem :), but this Swap is "dry" :tired:

nodrinking-9.gif

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Understood but if it rains like they predict, it will be a "wet" swap.

I'll do a review on the Hydor #4 after using it for a week or so and add it to this thread.

I called F&S & even though they listed the #4 as OOS they still had it in inventory & available for sale.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: