• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Anyone have pics of it working in their tank?
I like visuals.

Here's a Model 3 photo before I re-aquascaped.

65g_023.jpg

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I just purchased 2 model 3's from Marine Depot. They had it listed for $49.99 however Premium Aquatics was selling it for $39.99 and 123fish.net had it for $35.99. Marine Depot matched the lowest price. Thanks guys for all of your help. I guess I'll be posting my Seio 820's on E-bay, (never used and never submerged in water/brand new in the box).

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I saw a post today on Reef Central regarding a recall of Koralia model #'s 2 and 3. The post was made by Petsolutions. I have made an inquiry directly with Hydor and with Marine Depot. I will post responses when I receive them.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Marine Depot has not received any news about any Recall as of today. Also metal shafts are no problem. Rust in it self does nothing to the health of our tanks.

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Herman, Just wondering what did New world charge? was it complatable with the going prices? I 'm looking for a model 4..
chuck

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I bought mine through: http://www.jcaquatics.com/

She only had the # 2 & #3 in stock last week. Her pricing is: #1 -$25...#2 $32..#3 $36..#4..$45

What I like best, is if I order early enough one day, I have the product the following day since it is a 1 day zone via UPS. She is located in Farmingville, LI

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i ordered 2 #1's for my 30 gallon finnex tank and 1 #4 for my 44gallon brute garbage can to mix the salt for tank
i wil be ordering a #2 for my Fresh water topoff and a #3 to place in my new sump where the returns from the tank go so it can air the detritus and let my skimmer do the work.

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
i ordered 2 #1's for my 30 gallon finnex tank and 1 #4 for my 44gallon brute garbage can to mix the salt for tank
i wil be ordering a #2 for my Fresh water topoff and a #3 to place in my new sump where the returns from the tank go so it can air the detritus and let my skimmer do the work.

Model #4 - After all the praise given, you order one to mix salt. :smash:

Model #2 - Can you explain further?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Model #4 - After all the praise given, you order one to mix salt. :smash:

Model #2 - Can you explain further?
Yes i did (for the salt) I mix salt more often then tha average person so i want it to desolve asap. Unfortunately i have to vortech pump so i cant put it in the display. as for the other two. I bought two of the #1 pump for my finnex 30 gallon. i'm getting alittle new tank red algae and i need more flo with weekly water changes to get rid of the algae . Also it better cause it save's electricity compared to the one i'm using now (salt pump).But then again, maybe i can put it in my bath tub when i'm not mixing salt and make my tub a whirl pool lol

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Explain how you're going to use the #2.
I am putting each one of the #1 pumps on the side panes shoot across the tank towards the front pane. As for the #2 that i don't have, i wont be using it cause i don't have it you pane (pain) in the Arse....lol
:biggrin:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
:arg: You said you were going to use the #2 "for my Fresh water topoff", How so?
Sorry dean, i must be smoking. The number 2 will be sitting in my freah water holding trash can 44 gallon brute. i have a maxijet 1200 that runs 24/7 in there and will be switching it for the #2 pump, less wattage. also if the two 400gph are not enough for my 30 gal, i'll switch one 400gph for the 600gph and put the 400gph in fresh water tub. sorry dean, mR. Link master. lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: