• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Scheimer

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to make a point here not rile anyone. Like many other's here I trust fellow members by what they say any not their username.

Greg Scheimer (not)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet Greg is wishing he never brought it up right about now...

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 5 years, I finally decided to get back into the hobby.... So what happened lately??

Anybody want to buy a new book that I am writing about this hobby?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think anyone using something other than their God given name is a no good yellow bellied snake!

who would ever take advice from someone named after a hippo :roll: or someone claiming to be "the israel heat" who would believe someone named "vitz" would know the first thing about reefkeeping :roll:

sincerly Pod T. Man

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":3hnjqoa8 said:
again, i'd like to point out that just because something ends up in print, doesn't make it true.

why can't i decide if i believe that or not?

O P Ing

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Podman":1hbd77yg said:
...sincerly Pod T. Man...
seamaiden":1hbd77yg said:
again, i'd like to point out that just because something ends up in print, doesn't make it true.
why can't i decide if i believe that or not?
hi.
Well, if you can't even speel, you probably can't decide it for yourshelves.

Mark Weisse

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albert, you old C-hound!!! Has anything changed you ask???? We have synergistic bio-reactors now that will make your reef sparkle like a pack of certs going into a black hole!!!! PMS me for more. - Mark

GSchiemer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
andy-hipkiss":1qjzkz2z said:
I must say I agree with Greg on this point. For a simplistic reason, it tends to curb the flame wars (at least a little) .. if "one" is replying to a post by "Kermit_the_frog" then it's too easy (at least for me anyway) to be more abrupt. A fault on my part, sure, but I just find it different talking to a real name (i.e. person) rather than a "joke" name.

Perhaps it's a "fault" that being of fishnet many years ago imbues upon us?

Saying that, I always thought Greg was a screen name ;)

YMMV :D

Andy,

Thanks for elaborating on my argument. You got it right. I am used to dealing with "real" people and not "cyber" people. After 15 years on Compuserve's Fishnet forum, it's a difficult adjustment. I can understand having reservations over divulging personal information. It's an unfortunate consequence of the times.

On another note, it's nice to see another familiar name here, which further illustrates my point.

Greg Schiemer

GSchiemer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save_the_Expos":3m49mmi2 said:
:

I don't remember when signing up that this was an experts forum or for that matter a friends of Greg Schiemer forum. If somebody asks what do you think about ACME powerheads and I've bought four and they've all failed I shouldn't say so? Because of my handle or because I could be an 8 yr old girl? I thought the point of this message board was so several people could express opinions and then the poster/reader could make up their own mind. If I post such a question I figure the more intelligent responses the better informed I will be. You could be a 80 year old escaped mental patient posting as Greg Scheimer. Welcome to the internet!

Since you apparently invented the aquarium you probably have more contacts in the industry than I do, who's to say you're not "on the take"? I can assure you I haven't sold an aquarium related thing in my life. How can i prove that? would you like to see a pay stub? The only equipment issue I've responded to is to say I like my Remora Pro. If you think someone's a commercial schill check their post history it will be blatantly obvious. Please provide a list of all Greg Schiemer approved posters so we can all disregard the average hobbyist who has chosen a different field of work. Again I have never presented my opinion as anything but that -an opinion. Judging by your whopping 49 posts (many relating to wacky screen names) I hope people aren't holding their breath waiting for a response from yourself or someone of your "pedigree" to respond. No- I'm not a marine biologist. No-I don't play one on TV. But please I've read a lot and i think I can comment on equipment I've personally owned or things that are common knowledge on a public board.

Erik

Given the fact that you ended your post with "Erik," I guess I can rule out that you're an eight-year old girl :) .

This is the THIRD time that I've had to explain to you that I'm not referring to you personally but merely using your "handle" to illustrate my point. A couple of other posters tried explaining this concept to you as well. You even quoted my statement in your post to me! (Ps: For "save_the_expos:" I'm not picking on you personally. I'm just using your "handle" to make my point. Not knowing anything about you, I couldn't make serious personal remarks even if I wanted to....)

I can only conclude that you have serious reading comprehension issues or just enjoy being obnoxious.

Greg Schiemer

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg Scheimer":1xcwpz43 said:
Just trying to make a point here not rile anyone. Like many other's here I trust fellow members by what they say any not their username.

Greg Scheimer (not)

Hey.........are there really people trying to "rile" people in here? Who are they? I don't know any of them..or do I? LOL Have fun!

GSchiemer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albert Thiel":2gnnb4fw said:
After 5 years, I finally decided to get back into the hobby.... So what happened lately??

Anybody want to buy a new book that I am writing about this hobby?

I got excited when I first saw the name. You got me good on this one! :D

It strikes home with me because Albert and I have been through a few wars on internet forums. I won't elaborate, but let's just say that Albert didn't like some of the things I wrote in my product review articles. :)

Glad to see he's not really here. Then again, perhaps he is. :)

Greg Schiemer

Expos Forever

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg,

First off I should say I did not mean any disrespect to you personally or to demean your experience,efforts or knowledge in any way. One of my few posts was to recommend Marine Fish and Reef 2003. As you are probably aware you have an article in said magazine.

IME people who say things like "nothing personal" usually follow it up with something personal. I have chosen to speak on behalf of those who have "wacky" screen names and newbies, because ,well... you chose me,even if by accident. Maybe I have let my arguments get personal but you did choose me and ,as I've previously stated, after a disagreement in opinions.Same thing goes for Naesco (where is he by the way?), the other name you brought up. In other words if you truely wanted to just make an observation and not make it personal why not make up a name? Here's one : I EAT INSULATION. I personally find your attitude quite elitist: if I don't recongnize your name you must not have anything intelligent to say. Again, I'm not talking about myself! It's a big world Greg! I'm sure a lot of people have learned a lot reading and lurking on this forum and lots of it from some of the wacky names previously mentioned. If all you want to do is chat with your buddies, Do what I do, go out for a beer with them. Remove the word "I" from my previous posts and insert any other "wacky" name, or well-read newbie, or anyone unknown to you ,for that matter,and all my points stand. Several people have pointed out to you that advice should be taken in context with the source and I've personally pointed out to you that with a simple click you can find anyone's entire post history if you're really worried about commercial post,hidden agendas,etc.... You quoted my entire post and have ignored any opinion differrent to yours . How's your reading comprehenshion?

I will admit that I'm a bit obnoxious if you agree that your discussion skills and logic are a bit lacking...

GSchiemer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save_the_Expos":3cum35pu said:
Greg,

First off I should say I did not mean any disrespect to you personally or to demean your experience,efforts or knowledge in any way. One of my few posts was to recommend Marine Fish and Reef 2003. As you are probably aware you have an article in said magazine.

IME people who say things like "nothing personal" usually follow it up with something personal. I have chosen to speak on behalf of those who have "wacky" screen names and newbies, because ,well... you chose me,even if by accident. Maybe I have let my arguments get personal but you did choose me and ,as I've previously stated, after a disagreement in opinions.Same thing goes for Naesco (where is he by the way?), the other name you brought up. In other words if you truely wanted to just make an observation and not make it personal why not make up a name? Here's one : I EAT INSULATION. I personally find your attitude quite elitist: if I don't recongnize your name you must not have anything intelligent to say. Again, I'm not talking about myself! It's a big world Greg! I'm sure a lot of people have learned a lot reading and lurking on this forum and lots of it from some of the wacky names previously mentioned. If all you want to do is chat with your buddies, Do what I do, go out for a beer with them. Remove the word "I" from my previous posts and insert any other "wacky" name, or well-read newbie, or anyone unknown to you ,for that matter,and all my points stand. Several people have pointed out to you that advice should be taken in context with the source and I've personally pointed out to you that with a simple click you can find anyone's entire post history if you're really worried about commercial post,hidden agendas,etc.... You quoted my entire post and have ignored any opinion differrent to yours . How's your reading comprehenshion?

I will admit that I'm a bit obnoxious if you agree that your discussion skills and logic are a bit lacking...

Erik,

I've practically made a second career out of helping other marine aquarists through my participation on various forums, my articles, and numerous speaking engagements. To accuse me of being an "elitist" is absurd and demonstrates your lack of knowledge in this arena.

I'm not discounting your OPINION on tangs, which came across as elitist, BTW. Perhaps if you eloborate or back up your argument with facts, pictures, etc., then you'll be taken seriously. Your perception of what makes a tang "happy" is not a good enough argument to sway me.

I give up trying to explain why I used your screen name to illustrate a point. If it makes you happy, next time I'll use "Save_the_Twins." :)

Greg Schiemer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: