• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Fritz is supposed to pick up everyones bulbs but I left a message and he hasn't responded as yet as to pick-up. He supposedly lives in my neighborhood but he said something about the Bronx, So I figured he would bring them here to Park Slope and I would get them to you. I am getting 2 now and you/Dave are getting 2. So I am picking up 4 bulbs.

I also have to wait for the new bulbs to come in since this order was damaged and to get my second bulb (Thanks Russ ;)). So I dont know if I will just go to Russ and get them. It all depends on Fritz and the order coming in complete.

Kasei

Last edited:

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Pseudo: I appologize if I didn't respond I thought that I responded to your PM and mentioned (and posted) that my wife is pregnant and most likely won't be happy if everyone comes by my house to pick up the bulbs. (1st trimester, she's just doesn't get it) My job takes me all over so I can meet up or even deliver some of the bulbs. My office is also open as a pick up location also it's at:
2440 East Tremont Avenue
2nd Floor
Bronx, NY 10461

So far the only people who've PM'd me to pick up their bulbs are:
MOIDOL (2)
jhale (2)
I guess also
Spykes (2) ?
Pseudo (2) ?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Fred, I have 6 bulbs for pickup tomorrow if you want.
The replacement bulbs look like they won't get here till Friday (ala UPS tracking #).

I PM'd you my phone #. Give me a shout and I'll set you up.

Russ

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Sorry it's late, I forgot to post before that ->it's up to everyone, but it might be easier to get the bulbs on Friday rather then sort out who has to wait. If I get 6 tomorrow, one is mine which leaves 5. What would everyone rather? I don't mind making two trips so let me know.

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
masterswimmer said:
The eagle has landed, albeit with a broken wing.

12 bulbs received, 4 were broken.
The new ones are being shipped today. I would say lets wait for the pickup or I can give out 6. I am going to be posting before (current D & D actinics) and after (UV Super Actinic) pix later. I won't be switching my bulbs till later tonight.

Sorry for the delay. I tried.

BTW, I would normally give out all 10 bulbs to you guys and wait for my two to be replaced. However, since only 8 are intact, I wouldn't be able to fulfill your orders anyway.

swimmer
Russ,

I can wait for my two.

Paul

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
kimoyo said:
Russ,

I can wait for my two.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

Fred, if you're passing through Wednesday, please give me a call. I will most likely be available. I have NO PROBLEM giving you the six that I've got here. You guys own them!!! :lol:

Thanks for the understanding everyone. Great GB members for sure.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Time to give a few before and after shots as promised.

Here's a FTS with the year old D & D pure actinics:

WholetankDDMay302006.jpg

And the brand new UV Super Actinic:

WholetankUVLMay302006.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
My opinion of the new UVL's are they need a chance to burn in. They are coming off a bit on the purple side, and brighter.

Let's see what a few weeks brings. I'll post some individual corals before and after tomorrow.

swimmer

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Fritz,

I live on 10th street and 5th. Where in the Slope do you live? I can meet you anywhere around here. If you could swing by on you way home that would be great. If i have to go to the Bronx I will just get them direct from Russ. I need 4 bulbs (2 mine and 2 Spykes) Let me know.

Thanks,

Kasei

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
spykes said:
hmm russ they almost look the same the 2nd pic doesnt look that purple.

It's close Dave. But look at the hammer on the left and the torch on the top right/center. They both have that washed out look on the tops, in the second pic.

The second pic just looks a bit more washed out overall. I'm hoping it is just the burn in period.

Russ

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Pseudo said:
Fritz,

I live on 10th street and 5th. Where in the Slope do you live? I can meet you anywhere around here. If you could swing by on you way home that would be great. If i have to go to the Bronx I will just get them direct from Russ. I need 4 bulbs (2 mine and 2 Spykes) Let me know.

Thanks,

Kasei

Kasei,

If you can, please pick up MOIDOL's bulbs from Russ or Fritz that would be great, he would like to pick it up in Park Slope as well. Thanks. Can you PM me your cell number if you happen to pick up the bulbs. Thanks

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yeah no problem. I just have to work it all out with Fritz first and see what he says. If not I will just pick them up from Russ.

Later,

Kasei

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Hey all I just got home, I passed through Orange County later then I thought so I'm going to pick them up on Friday. I think it works out for the best anyways as I would have came home with 6 bulbs and I have 9 that people requested I pick up. I didn't want to decide who had to wait. Kasei that's cool I can deliver them to you no problem. If you don't mind I can give you the rest for people that would prefer a BK pickup to a BX.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: