• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
I've got some updated information on these new bulbs for all you T5 users.

They are scheduled to be released to the re-sellers (our vendors) the END of next week. I am high up on the preorder list from a major reputable vendor (read into this as: they will be receiving them in the first batch).

I pre-ordered 12 - 48" bulbs. I will be keeping either 2 or 4, I'm not sure yet. Whatever bulbs I don't keep, I am willing to offer to you guys. They ship 12 bulbs for the same price as 1 bulb, so we'll be splitting shipping accordingly.

Prices for the new bulbs have NOT been released to the public yet, so I can't say how much they'll be. I will put you down on the waiting list in this thread ONLY if you post your request here in this thread. No PM's accepted.

There are a total of 12 bulbs. All bulbs are the 4' lengths.

Russ (masterswimmer) - 2 PAID
Fred (fritz) - 1 (picking up for almost everyone) PAID Thank you
Steven (MOIDOL) - 2 PAID Thank you
Paul (kimoyo) -2 (maybe picking up his own) PAID thank you
Jon (jhale) - 2 PAID thank you
David (Spykes) - 2 PAID thank you
Kasei (Psuedo) - 2 PAID thank you

All PAID and sold out. :smile:

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
fritz said:
I'll take 1

Hey fritz, I'm located in Orange County, NY. I don't make it into the city at all. I just want you to know the circumstances going into this. No secrets.

BTW, the first post is updated with you on it. Please let me know if you still want in based on these facts. Normally there is someone coming to my house once per week to pick something up from the city. They've all been decent about being the middle man. I just can't guaranty it. :flower:

Also, I need first names as well as screen names for this buy.

Thanks,
Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
kimoyo said:
Russ -

I'm interested in 2 but I usually wait for other people to try things. 12 is a lot. I'm concerned about price and look.

This is an inexpensive test IMO. I'm guessing two bulbs will run in the $50 range (just a guess). I'm not keeping all 12. This isn't a $349 Vortech test. :teeth: I know A LOT of T5 users have been awaiting the release of this highly touted bulb. I preordered 12 to try to save on shipping for everyone. Shipping 1 is the same as shipping 12. Might as well take advantage of it.

Just wait, you'll see all these available bulbs gone in no time.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
spykes said:
I'll Take 2 36 Inches

David, I don't even want to say this my friend, I should have mentioned in the first post that the preorder I have in is for 12 - 4' bulbs.

Sorry man. The bulb I hooked you up with at the swap was a 4 footer. I figured you'd be running 48", don't you need any this size?

Russ

NOTE: FIRST POST UPDATED FOR SIZE

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Dave, Kasei, you guys duke it out :fight2: . Only three bulbs left and you guys want 4 between you. LMK what you decide :lol2: I'm out of this one.

Dave, I don't have any preorders for 3' bulbs, that's the problem. Otherwise I'd be happy to get them for you. Besides, once we go over 12 bulbs they charge shipping as if it's 24 bulbs. So we'd have to get 24 to make it worthwhile and I only have preorders for 12 - 4 footers. Sorry man.

LMK what you guys decide. Who's getting two and who's getting one?

Russ

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I will take the last three then... Damn dave doesn't even have a 4' tank. What is the ballpark figure for the bulbs with shipping anyway ?

Whatever Dave decides is fine with me. I don't care.

Kasei

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Pseudo said:
I will take the last three then... Damn dave doesn't even have a 4' tank. What is the ballpark figure for the bulbs with shipping anyway ?

Whatever Dave decides is fine with me. I don't care.

Kasei
bitches i have a 4 feeter in queens :p
uhm i gotta ask this how are we picking up. are you delivering russ? then i gotta ask the price. argh kasei your making damn hard for me, but i promised steve that i'd get him the bulbs. So russ i'll take 2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: