cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
From Neptunes' website, Web server not supported on Windows XP Home Edition?:tired: This means I can't use it on my computers?

Not exactly, XP home does not have IIS built in so it can not host a web service. No remote access with full version of AquaNotes, unless you change to XP pro or Win2000. You should have gone with a ACIII if you wanted to access it via web, running a PC full time and getting all the items you need to hook up a ACjr to the web is too cumbersome and costly.

You can use AquaNotes Lite(free) on any windows based computer, it does most of the functions but does not support web access.

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not exactly, XP home does not have IIS built in so it can not host a web service. No remote access with full version of AquaNotes, unless you change to XP pro or Win2000. You should have gone with a ACIII if you wanted to access it via web, running a PC full time and getting all the items you need to hook up a ACjr to the web is too cumbersome and costly.

You can use AquaNotes Lite(free) on any windows based computer, it does most of the functions but does not support web access.

Thanks!

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay, I give up:teeth: . For a fee(how 'bout a small Frogspawn:scratchch ), would someone like to come over and program this contraption for me:ANYWORD: .

I'm I the only one who finds the instructions royally confusing?

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
programing Ac jr

Hi! NRA223:

I am also having a hard time programing this unit, so I sent an e-mail to the company. They responded almost immediately, Curt is going to help me program the unit over the phone. I brought it to work today & call him this afternoon to program.

danny

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Cali for me it is very confusing with the programing maybe I am missing something but I would like the seasonal temp control as well as seasonable light control.

danny

:funnypost

I think you should learn how to turn the lights on and off base on time and maybe turn the heater on and off with the temp sensor reading before you move forward and use the more complex functions. Don't try to run before you learn how to walk. :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: