GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.35 each at 5000. Reed Mariculture charges something like $2.78 each at a 250 count.

I think a decimal point got moved :scratchch

At the 250 count price of $90.00 w/ free shipping in the US, your looking at $0.36 each from Reed. @ $125.00 for the 500 count w/ free shipping, your looking at $0.25 each from Reed. Granted there is a box fee of which I do not know, but for some reason I don't think it's above $8.00 per box.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I think a decimal point got moved :scratchch

At the 250 count price of $90.00 w/ free shipping in the US, your looking at $0.36 each from Reed. @ $125.00 for the 500 count w/ free shipping, your looking at $0.25 each from Reed. Granted there is a box fee of which I do not know, but for some reason I don't think it's above $8.00 per box.

The pricing and shipping you see is new. I never got free shipping from them. They lost business because at the time of this order they were not able to fill Mysid requests. They supply aquariums with mysids but when Reed couldn't fill orders, they lost the business and people found a cheaper option. The Mysids don't come from Reed anyway. They are a middle man for a place in Florida who actually ships direct to the person ordering. If you ever order Arctic pods and Mysids from Reed, you will get two different shipments, One from Reed and one from the wholesaler in Florida. That is why they had to change their pricing and policies.

In any case, we paid less than .20 a mysid.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: