House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All,

Many have asked about doing a group buy on the items noted above - typically we do this buy at the Fall swap, but it appears there are alot of hungry fish out there and alot of new members, so, I am going to do this group buy for the Spring 2007 Swap instead of waiting til Fall 07.

The prices are different every year based on farming etc and this year I am recommending that everyone consider getting 1/2 blocks instead of full blocks. As always, the block price is based on an average block size and they come in different sizes - that means the actual price won't be finalized until the blocks get here and I assign each block to a person. Tedious, I know, but it's worth it for the MR crew!

I will also order a 2kilo block of krill for those who are interested.

Each block order will have a flat shipping charge to it and I'll be taking payments via paypal. Look for the actual price per gram of each item (ocean plankton, krill, mysis and cyclopeeze) as soon as I hear back from the vendor.

This group buy will officially end at Noon on Friday, April 6th to ensure clarity on the order.

I'll be keeping track in post #2 for who ordered what, the price and if paid or not.

PRICING INFO

PAYMENT INFO - Paypal is to [email protected]

Happy Reefing.

House

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Reserved for order info:

Mysis (e.pacifica - avg 2.5 kilo block) - 19.0
2 - Neptune - $117.50 - Not Paid
1 - House - $95 - Paid
2 - Cali_Reef -$118 - Paid
1 - Lazyreefer - $51 - Paid
1 - Aaron23 - $23.00 - Paid
1 - scumonkey - $51 - Paid
1 - Kuyamark - $67 - Not Paid
1 - Awibrandy - $67 - Paid
1 - littlefish - $23 - Paid
1 - Slamajama -$23 - Paid
1 - mschaefer - $67 - Paid
1 - Vic - $23 - Paid
.5 - Daisy - $12 - Not Paid
.5 - ellebelle - $46 - Paid
.5 - Dylan - $25 - Paid
.5 - Kris - $25 - Paid
.5 - Leslie - $33 - Paid
.5 - nijunet - $46 - Paid
.5 - Craig - $12 - Paid
.5 - Grisha - $33 - Paid
.5 - Figgy -$33 - Paid

Cyclopeeze (avg 750g block) - 8.5
1 - House
1 - mschaefer
1 - Cali_Reef
1 - Neptune
1 - Kuyamark
1 - Awibrandy
.5 - Leslie
.5 - ellebelle
.5 - nijunet
.5 - Grisha
.5 - Figgy

Mysis (avg 2.5 kilo block) - 7.5
1 - House
1 - Lazyreefer
1 - scumonkey
1 - Cali_Reef
1 - Neptune
.5 - ellebelle
.5 - Kris
.5 - Dylan
.5 - nijunet
.5 - Deanos - $14 - Paid

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Aaron,

There really is no average persay - but the prices will be based on a gram and depending on the total grams in a block will determine the price. I am guessing the price of mysis or plankton will be in the $35 range and cyclo which is going up dramatically close to $45 a block - cut those in 1/2 and that's your approx price.

If you price this out based on some of the prepackaged stuff (Hikari etc) you are still paying 8x more for the prepackaged stuff than if you buy these blocks and cut it yourself (or make your own food).

Again, I am taking 1/2 block orders as well and will leave it up to the members to cut them up at the swap. I'll bring ziplocks.

House

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jim
Please put me down for 1/2 block of mysis for now. 1 block if you can find me those anthias to feed them to:tongue1: . I'll see if anyone on the Jersey side needs some. K

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What's the differance between the e.pacifica mysis and the other mysis?:redface:
I've been feeding the Hikari Mysis that comes in little cubes $$$$ so whichever
of the two is closer to what I'm using that's what I want...at least one full block.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Lazy, if you ordered a block you'll get a block :)

Scu, the e.pacifica is a little smaller and has little less oils - my anthias and leopard wrasses loved this stuff - at like cows.

Aside from that, not much difference. I know everyone who used it like it and we sold mostly plankton last time and very little mysis.

I'll update the list shortly.

House

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Then I need the block of regular!
The fish seems to prefer the bigger pieces,
and I go through a couple of those entire blister packs a week!
As I wash all my frozen food, the extra oils should be no problem.
(I already have tons of plankton types foods thanks)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: