• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gresham,

In second though, fine I'll remove my post.

For the record, I posted a full response and explaination of the situation. Gresham has quoted me out of context and called me and the Commitee corrupt because we approved his question in princple but request a revision to make it clear that answers should be prospective looking only and to take out the open ended question that could allow a rambling fight.

Gresham wined to me via PM on here: so I'll take it down.

I don't intend to address this further since, oddly enough, Gresham effectively Censored me by throught a hissy fit when I responded.

I'll go back to my corrupt hole now.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
posting full PM's that really have no bearing on the issue at hand is just wrong. Thank you for removing them after you posted them!

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":3q3f95di said:
posting full PM's that really have no bearing on the issue at hand is just wrong. Thank you for removing them after you posted them!

No Bearing? You must be kidding.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys. Seriously. I think both Gresh and Rook want the same thing here...good honest elections. Of course, as many of us feel, these elections are already fundamentally flawed, so the real question is how much further can they become corrupted.

Passions are getting in the way on both sides here, and I must only remind you both that Gresham has been a staunch supporter of MOFIB from the get go, and Rook is but the figurehead of the Elections Committee which as we all know, serves the BOD, not the other way around, and that Rook has my full endorsement and trust in his role. He will be playing by the rules for sure. In fact, Rook is forced to play by the BOD's rules even if he himself doesn't like them, and he can only do what he can to prevent the BOD from tampering themselves...and as I laid that out before, the difference between "supporting the BOD" in the way Rook has, vs. the way folks like Spracklecat has, is that Rook's volunteerism serves to put the members first and to help save MOFIB, whereas some of the "Advisors" have more or less condoned the practices that got us here in the first place.

So we have to respect Gresh's clearly well justified criticisms of the decision handed to him by the elections committee. I think that was the wrong call by the people who made it and Gresh was right to call it out. So too, we have to respect Rooks submission to a flawed system in the hopes that he can help make it less flawed.

So Gresh, Rook, I'm asking that you both consider the matter resolved, or at least over, shake hands and agree to work together to see this elections process through. It is the only real hope the BOD has offered to disgruntled members, and the other options weren't really options. July 6th or so we'll have a much clearer picture of where MOFIB will be going, and whether it's an organization worth investing further time in.

FWIW,

Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>spits in palm and reaches palm out<

HandShake_Business_Edited.jpg

I can accept that.

KathyL1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Spracklecat, sadly, I believe she has simply made a poor choice in supporting the BOD over the past three months (being the getaway driver you still get charged with armed robbery even if you never touched the gun or walked into the store). It is not 'personal', it is simply that MOFIB needs a true CLEAN SLATE if it's to be "reborn". Sometimes there just needs to be consequences.

Matt, you know that I hold you in high regard, but I have to say that in my opinion, as a result of conversation I've recently had with Christine, that she is working with the current BOD, but not necessarily agreeing with the actions of the BOD. She is no worse than Rook in this regard. In addition she can't vote on the BOD so how is she supporting them? In my opinion, your dismissal of her and her intentions is not very well informed. She is no more the "driver" than Rook is. Someone has to work with the current BOD if there will be any progress (everybody we elect will be working with the BOD), and not antagonizing them may be the one tactic that makes progress happen. Not everyone feels compelled to show all their cards before the deal is done. It is a little known secret that one can accomplish a lot by playing the nice card. I hope that you may feel compelled to change your mind on this one person, perhaps when the sores are not so raw.

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post here what I also just posted on MOFIB:

First off, I'd like to say thank you to the membership of MOFIB for entrusting me with a position of responsibility in the organization. I will do my best to always try to keep the interests of the membership as a whole in mind whenever I try to approach any of the problems that face our community.

I certainly have some ideas about issues I'd like to try to work on in the coming months. But I'm not here to push only my own agenda. You all are my constituents and I work for you. In that spirit, I'd like to open a discussion here and invite the entire community to share with me your ideas, plans, fears, hopes, etc., that you might have for the future of MOFIB. I am only one person, after all, and I certainly can't think of everything. Please help me to help you by letting me know what you need.

I promise to listen to you--whatever you have to say--and do what I can to help us all realize the visions that we have for MOFIB's future. If there is something that you feel is particularly important that you think needs to be addresses soonest, I do encourage you to contact all of your directors about it. We are all here for you, after all.

So, let me have it. This is _your_ space to talk to me. Comments, ideas, plans, criticisms. All are welcome here.

Thanks again and I hope that this is a good collaboration.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I come back from vacation to see that the results are in. I'm also disappointed to see that the question I submitted for the candidate Q&A was never approved and allowed to be addressed, but I am not suprised.

The results have been posted.
http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/view ... 264&t=5390

I am also not surprised to see that someone I consider a "BOD Loyalist" slipped into the 4th spot, just enough to presumeably ensure that the remaining 3 BOD member's positions are secure for another year, and to help cause a lot of headaches for the 3 most popular elected members. Seriously, I have to say it, how could someone like the co-founder SPK get 18 votes, and someone who's made such disrespectful comments to members as posted here, get voted in with 45 votes? Sorry, but for anyone who voted for Christian, I will say now you deserve whatever that vote brings.

MOFIB members, you got three realy dedicated and talented BOD members who have their heads on straight, and one person who can never finish a job started (and about 10 other bad things I can say that have largely already been said here). Rich, Andy and Carl, I wish you lots of luck in your future roles, and I hope you find satisfaction in your contributions as board members.

Good luck MOFIB.

Matt

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mwp":2rh95n5l said:
Well, I come back from vacation to see that the results are in. I'm also disappointed to see that the question I submitted for the candidate Q&A was never approved and allowed to be addressed, but I am not suprised.

The results have been posted.
http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/view ... 264&t=5390

I am also not surprised to see that someone I consider a "BOD Loyalist" slipped into the 4th spot, just enough to presumeably ensure that the remaining 3 BOD member's positions are secure for another year, and to help cause a lot of headaches for the 3 most popular elected members. Seriously, I have to say it, how could someone like the co-founder SPK get 18 votes, and someone who's made such disrespectful comments to members as posted here, get voted in with 45 votes? Sorry, but for anyone who voted for Christian, I will say now you deserve whatever that vote brings.

MOFIB members, you got three realy dedicated and talented BOD members who have their heads on straight, and one person who can never finish a job started (and about 10 other bad things I can say that have largely already been said here). Rich, Andy and Carl, I wish you lots of luck in your future roles, and I hope you find satisfaction in your contributions as board members.

Good luck MOFIB.
Matt

For those of us that have been following the thread would you kindly post the results of all candidates here and the votes they received.
Also a summary of where they stand like pro, agin, neutral would be helpful
thanks
wayne

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the new members of the BODs are Richard (Thales: 50 votes), Carl (Kmiec: 50), Christian (Clownfish75: 45), and me ("Umm, fish?": 59).

Also a summary of where they stand like pro, agin, neutral would be helpful

On which issue? I certainly can't answer for any of the others, but I'd be happy to answer any question you have for me.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your interested in breeding fish or inverts then you really should join the forum Wayne. Then you can go to: http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/view ... c38515d917 and see for yourself. If you just want to know who won for giggles I won't feed the troll.

IMO the deal is over and the four that have been elected with join in the 3 standing and things will work out as they see fit. No need to mull it over in this thread anymore in other words ;)

Pssssh Andy feeds trolls!!!

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne, as posted by Rook on the thread I linked above:

The winners of the election and your four new members of the MOFIB Board of Directors are:

1. Umm, Fish (Andrew Berry)
2. Kmiec123 (Carl Kmiec)
3. Thales (Richard Ross)
4. Clownfish75 (Christian Hofmann)

Welcome and Congratulations to the new Board of Director Members.

The full results are as follows:

Response ------------------------------------------------ Count --------Rank
Umm, Fish (Andrew Berry) ---------------------------------59 --------- 1
Kmiec123 (Carl Kmiec) -------------------------------------50 ----------2
Thales (Richard Ross) --------------------------------------50 ----------2
Clownfish75 (Christian Hofmann)-------------------------45 ---------- 4
seafarm (Randy Reed) -------------------------------------41 ---------- 5
Spraklcat (Christine Williams)---------------------------- 40-----------6
spawner (Andrew Rhyne) ----------------------------------27 -----------7
acroporas (William Heaton)------------------------------- 25 -----------8
spk (Stephen Kennedy) ------------------------------------19------------9
FuEL (Junkai...) --------------------------------------------19 -----------9
Miles (Miles Lee) -------------------------------------------18-----------11
Colby (Colby Podkin) ---------------------------------------14-----------12

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummfish":8vp9x18s said:
:)

But, Gresh, after all the 15 pages or whatever, are you just going to leave him hanging?

He supplies his own rope every time Andy. I care not for simple ambulance chasing just to get a glimpse of the poor sole.

And no Wayne, I am not calling you an ambulance chasing lawyer even though you are a lawyer. I'm talking about rubber necking :D

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the results for those who are interested but are not members.

Gresh I guess the difference from you and I is that if the rope was around your neck, the rope would break, eh. And no, I can't join but I applaud the efforts of those that are bringing aqua=cultured fish and coral to the industry and hobby and hope that in the very near future there is unity of purpose in the organization.

Thales, and to the others best wishes on your election. Choose to be a unity director.
To those that didn't make it this time, choose to be unity members.

Wayne

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
naesco":183sd3bn said:
Thanks for posting the results for those who are interested but are not members.

Gresh I guess the difference from you and I is that if the rope was around your neck, the rope would break, eh. And no, I can't join but I applaud the efforts of those that are bringing aqua=cultured fish and coral to the industry and hobby and hope that in the very near future there is unity of purpose in the organization.

Thales, and to the others best wishes on your election. Choose to be a unity director.
To those that didn't make it this time, choose to be unity members.

Wayne
Wait who said anything about necks? 8O

You've got a dark mind my Canadian friend :twisted: :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: