alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
you're right Pierce!!!

Groceries $180.....Amusement Park tickets $120....LED's $1,200 seeing the look of I'm going to get you from your wife when you spend that money on LED's priceless!!!

For everything else there's mastercard

ha ha, the cost is not the LEDs, its everything else that becomes "If you can spend $2000 on a light bulb, I can buy myself _______" next thing you know she will have a new fur coat, designer bags, and god knows what else.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
How is your large Derase Clam doing under LEDs and how long has it been with that type of light? Do you notice a change is growth rates as compared to when you had MHs?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The croceas & maximas are doing well although the 2 croceas in the front left need to be cut & moved. They are shaded too much by the rock. That is the problem with placing clams on starboard, they do not always bounce back when you need to cut their byssal threads.

George right?
Yes that is your PBT. He turns out to be a hybrid (Powder blue x Powder brown). you can tell from hardly any white in the chest area and yellow in the caudal fin.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
So I cut the 2 clams on the front left and moved them to where they are not shaded:
Picture018.jpg

Someone asked me if they can keep clams on the bottom of a 24" tank. These clams were just moved but they have been under these lamps for the past 6 weeks so I would say yes
Picture023.jpg

Think these guys would not treat my Deresa as sleeping bed :ugh:
Picture017.jpg

2mp camera on the iphone takes better LED lit tank then a 10mp nikon, colors are truer, go figure :scratch:
Picture019.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture021.jpg

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
One thing that I would like to see on future fixtures are 80 degree focal optics. The 120 degree spread currently causes too much algae on the glass. I have to clean the glass every other day now. Also would like to see only blue LEDs setup for the moonlight feature like on the Solaris fixtures.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Ricky,
The colors were IMO good prior to the change over. If I had to nit-pick, I would say that the blues aren't as vibrant as with the MH/VHOs, not off by much but enough that I can tell. On the flip side, I do see accelerated growth on the SPS tips.

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
dont red make your coral color show more . i undersand that when u use any type of blue u can make blue pop out alot and some coral we keep is red so when u have a few red led wont the coral color pop out more?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: