Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Auto tubes are not that bad

The article was on manual extension tubes that's why I recommended Auto Tubes. I do agree a quality lens is best, I only made the suggestion if money to spend is a issue and I also have no idea of Wingo's photographic abilities.

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
D90

D90 is a good camera, a full sensor camera will show is advantages in very large prints were more detail is needed. I have a d70 and it takes very good pictures and I hope to get a D90 in the future. I have a 10 year old Olympus 3.3 that I used before I got the d70 and that took nice shots also. If you learn to expose and focus properly that is the trick, you need to understand how to use your camera manually as the auto modes only seem to be best under ideal conditions.
When I decided to get into saltwater aquariums I received most of my knowledge from different forums I recommend you do the same with photography. http://www.nikonians.org/ is a good one

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
response in red
D90 is a good camera,

no doubt about that

a full sensor camera will show is advantages in very large prints were more detail is needed.

that's why I said, should have gotten a full frame one as many clients wants painting size wedding pic. and the total cost are close when getting a fullframe with lesser lens and D90 with bigger lens.
From your experience, is D90 good enough for ~4'x~2.5' print or even upto life size ~6' x ~3.5' print?

When I decided to get into saltwater aquariums I received most of my knowledge from different forums I recommend you do the same with photography. http://www.nikonians.org/ is a good one

thanks for the info

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
qwerty

"that's why I said, should have gotten a full frame one as many clients wants painting size wedding pic. and the total cost are close when getting a fullframe with lesser lens and D90 with bigger lens."

That's asinine. You can't replace glass with a camera body, or vice versa. Might consider learning the in's and out's of your D90 before you become the primary photographer at what I hope is the happiest day of people's lives.

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Weddings

If you are planning on doing Weddings you need a backup body as you can't afford an equipment problem, you need backup with all you cameras flash etc. Also if you want to do weddings get a job as an assistant with an established photographer that is willing to teach you I would recommend you look for one not in the area you plan on working as nobody wants to train their competition.

A properly exposed shot can be blown up to a very large size I have done 13X24 that are perfect with a 3.3 mp point and shoot.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
If you are planning on doing Weddings you need a backup body as you can't afford an equipment problem, you need backup with all you cameras flash etc. Also if you want to do weddings get a job as an assistant with an established photographer that is willing to teach you I would recommend you look for one not in the area you plan on working as nobody wants to train their competition.

A properly exposed shot can be blown up to a very large size I have done 13X24 that are perfect with a 3.3 mp point and shoot.

Same here no one ever mention how to take a low light fluorecence shot:tongue1:

Hmm, a backup body too!!!???? I am broke now. Should have saved all the money for the camcorder DX-2 and shoot my amature PXXN.

I myself will not be the one shooting weddings-I host weddings. Someone will be shooting at me. I will be busy playing with the guests.:tongue1:
I am getting the stuff for a trainee who has no money to pay for one. But he got talent I know. I am asking all these to learn to get proper stuff for him to express better art in his work. I myself will be just using it for coral shoot, I guess, because I will be either using the underwater camera(either the Pentax ??? or the Olympus-the Olympus color seems more saturated/colorful but it has a major problem-water looks cloudy) or the small Canon sx110is for daily personal purpose. I hate big cameras.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
"that's why I said, should have gotten a full frame one as many clients wants painting size wedding pic. and the total cost are close when getting a fullframe with lesser lens and D90 with bigger lens."

That's asinine. You can't replace glass with a camera body, or vice versa. Might consider learning the in's and out's of your D90 before you become the primary photographer at what I hope is the happiest day of people's lives.

I will consider what you said too even though it seems to contradict another guy whom I trust his work. May be, he is not technical enough like you but his photos are very good already-you can read a story from looking at his photos.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I will consider what you said too even though it seems to contradict another guy whom I trust his work. May be, he is not technical enough like you but his photos are very good already-you can read a story from looking at his photos.

Nah, I'm just a avid hobbyist. Perhaps your friend has a online gallery you can share? I don't mind a story or two on a hot and slow day like today...

In the meantime, let me sell my holy trinity of lens in favor of the Nikon D3x with a 55-200mm f/4-5.6 lens.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Nah, I'm just a avid hobbyist. Perhaps your friend has a online gallery you can share? I don't mind a story or two on a hot and slow day like today...

In the meantime, let me sell my holy trinity of lens in favor of the Nikon D3x with a 55-200mm f/4-5.6 lens.

HHAHAHHA
His work has been seen in this site but he is PERMANENTLY ban from here. Couple members said their threads are removed even just mentioning his name. HAHAHHAHAHA

May be with this hint you can search for his work here LOL:tongue1:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
here's one pic

If your really want to see his work, I will ask him whether he has closed the deal with an art gallery that wanted to buy couple sets of his photo journals and you can see them in person in the gallery.

Attachments

• Carribean with Snake.jpg
    Carribean with Snake.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Nice picture! I remember that thread... Banned huh? You hang with the hardcore... Thanks for the kind offer, I'll take a raincheck for now.

I, myself might be banned from Nikonians.org as well, after I tell the folks there I'm going to complement a D3x with a $200 lens.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
couple shots test shots with the nikon 60mm
no tripod, AF, speed shooting

One thing I don't like the Professional DSLR is that they are too powerful that the minimal resolution is 2XXX x 1XXX. Too big for web posting and waste a lot of time.

It would be great, if someone can hint me how to set resolution to 1024 x 800 without going thru some photoshop.

Attachments

• Scolys cropped and scaled.jpg
    Scolys cropped and scaled.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Sunrise Zoa Cropped Scaled.jpg
    Sunrise Zoa Cropped Scaled.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
its not that hard to down size it with software. heres a free software(easy to use) that can resize pics. it can even do it all at once with just 1 click. let me know if u need help. it aint that hard. if u can mc a talent show, u can do it.

btw: u should set the resolution high on the camera to maximize the quality of the pics.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: