• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
MACNA was a fun event!
My hat is off to all of the folks who worked so hard (namely the NJ Reefers Club) to pull this event together.
Lots of great vendors, corals, old friends and new ones as well.

The MR Mermaids were adorable :) Nikki & the other young lady (apologies for not remembering your name :eek:) did a great job dealing blackjack at the Reefs Magazine booth! I think everyone who attended ended up eating at least 1 MR cupcake..lol

For me one of the best aspects was the educational slant to the MACNA conferences, and there was a lot to learn there, all day long each day there was a lecture going, and a heck of a line-up of speakers!

Great to see so many MR members there, sorry I missed meeting a few I see who posted here.
Thanks for posting the pics Steve, you truly captured the festivities. :)

Two last things..the MR after banquet party ROCKED! The place was packed solid with a very happy bunch of party go-ers. Josh really knows how to throw a party and few who did attend made it to the conference center on time on Sunday morning...yours truly included, who might have had way too much to drink..all in good fun - thanks Josh!

Lastly, I did have a big score during the raffle and won one of the new Marineland 45g cube tanks (, sweet black silicone, including stand, sump, skimmer (the whole 9 yards in the sump, pump area)), and their new 24" lighting system (awesome! though I do have to wait for that last piece to get delivered to me)

Yeah, it was a heck of a fun time! Be sure to make the next one in Orlando in 2010 :)

nice seeing you at the rest stop on my way back from AC Kathy! looks like MACNA was a huge success, hope everyone had an amazing time!! :bablefish

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I had a really good time, alot different then our swaps, got what i went for though, got to talk to some of the companies i had questions for, got info and some of the products i was after, got my clownfish and seahorse's for my daughter. spent too much money, but was well worth it. also got to thank albano for taking me and for getting to stay in a ocean front house, that was the best part of the trip for me. one thing i will say is i found it funny some of the places i had questions for were a little stumped or didnt really know how to explain or give info, was glad to get some of the sample packs from rods food, and a few other places. thought alot more of the companies would have had sample items as well but oh well, and a great ty to the guys from ORA for being to answer my questions on clownfish, and seahorse.org all wonderful people that took time out to answer questions, def had fun at the party

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I had a really good time, alot different then our swaps, ... spent too much money, but was well worth it. also got to thank albano ... one thing i will say is i found it funny some of the places i had questions for were a little stumped or didnt really know how to explain or give info, ...def had fun at the party

AGREED on all these points.
BTW thanks for coming by and introduce Albano to me. We had great conversations in the party.

melev

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great meeting many of you at MACNA this year, and thank you again for yet another awesome MR party. I didn't play guitar hero, but enjoyed the drinking and camaraderie - you guys rock. :)

Nicki, call me! :D
blackjack.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: