fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thers is NO way you can have an attidude towards the responses to this thread! You are definitley a noob and thats ok. Thats what this site is here for. But when you make an impulse buy and then put an OMG thread up, you have to expect to get these type of responses

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thers is NO way you can have an attidude towards the responses to this thread! You are definitley a noob and thats ok. Thats what this site is here for. But when you make an impulse buy and then put an OMG thread up, you have to expect to get these type of responses
no attitude over here.. I just wanted feedback on my post not on anyones opinion. I mean if its not helping me id rather not hear it

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
No No heart attacks i just cant stand people like you who have no consideration for the livestock you choose to kill without doing the proper research. So you do yourself a favor and go do research before you attempt to care for any livestock. Im out.... I hope others see what i see n decide to not even help.

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thats the point. Every post is trying to help you. You have to research instead of impulse buying or buying something cause its cute or pretty. You have to research and make sure you have the ability to care for the animals you put in your tank. If you dont, you're gonna have alot of OMG threads

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
no no heart attacks i just cant stand people like you who have no consideration for the livestock you choose to kill without doing the proper research. So you do yourself a favor and go do research before you attempt to care for any livestock. Im out.... I hope others see what i see n decide to not even help.
that's just sad. U hope lol..... Toddles

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
you also have to take in consideration lights room temp and if its placed near a window sunlight as well so your tank me getting a little warmer than you know and that will cause the oxygen to be used up in the tank very quickly

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The main problem is that she has no clue on how to take care of said fish. Obviously she didnt reasearch and bein its a new tank the fish is not getting the care it needs. Its not only the fact that its in too small of a tank. It has not gotten the nutrtion it needs being in a tank that is new and having an owner that dosen't know how to take care of it. Do you think she even tried giving it nori or algae sheets? She even said in the for sale post that it eats eveything including brine, pellets and mysis. I didnt see any mention of the veggies that this fish requires! Point being, she should have done her reasearch before purchasing a fish that didnt belong in this tank in the first place!

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I see you ran into the we do everything by the books crowd :-/

ANYWAY!

It's not good for a tang to be in a small tank long, they do need at least 5ft for there swimming habits/life.

I had my Scopes tang in a 10g for 2-3 months and now moved him up to a big tank ;-)
And he/she looks Great, it could have been the dish was just sick.

I'm Nemo's mother.

isakofyork001

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
she knows where she messed up, let's help the fish. everyone knows the tank is to small and she didn't do research. check your water again. your water might not be right. have someone else check your water. and next time do research on a fish before you buy one. we are all human, just learn from your mistakes.

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Is it reasonable to half (or more- how many fish actually recover once they are noticeably ill) kill a fish and then expect someone to trade for it? If you look at other posts, it will be apparent that not much has been learned from previous lessons here.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Completely understand your point. And I'm arguing that. I just wanna try to help save the fish.

I agree with shark bite lets just try to help her instead of beating up on her she's new and is looking for help and for all those who keep worrying about the size of the tank that has nothing to do with why the fish is breathing heavy so maybe you guys need to do some research before you make comments the tank size is small but if she has a baby tang its more than enough for right and for the record I've kept 3 yellow tanks in a 30 long and they all grew to about 4 inches and i had no problems so like sharkbite stated lets stick to trying to figure out the problem and from the sound of it it sounds like oxygen level is low in the tank and she may need better water movement

ps: i have a 90 gallon with 4 large tangs and i don't feed them nori and they are doing just fine full bellies and bright yellow color

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: