kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Okkk soo I have a little yellow tang and had him for a month now... today as I went to feed him it seems he's breathing really fast.. and mouth is constantly open.. I have a 30gallon which I know is small for him but was only oplanning on having him till he's gotten a litle bigger... NOW I JUST WANT TO TRADE HIM ITS ONLY BEGUN TODAY SOO I WANT TO GET HIM OUT B4 IT GETS WORST... all water levels are on point just did a water change two nights ago soo idk wats going on I just want him to be ok :/..

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
REALLY? You don't even have a $2 themometer in your tank and your putting livestock in it. NOT GOOD! I dont mean to sound like a dick but you are dealing with live organisms here. Its up to you to provide them the best home possible. You have to get the right equipment FIRST and then add the livestock

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know you said you know this but a tang shouldn't be in a 30 gal tank. Sorry to say but if you researched first this wouldn't be happening. Good luck with the fish. I hope you find him a better home
researched the size tank it should be in?? Its a baby about the size of a dollar coin I don't think nor have I ever heard of this behavior being the effect on a tangs breathing..plus he's the only fish in their he has enough room according to the 1inch rule & thanks I hope I find him a great home as well

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
REALLY? You don't even have a $2 themometer in your tank and your putting livestock in it. NOT GOOD! I dont mean to sound like a dick but you are dealing with live organisms here. Its up to you to provide them the best home possible. You have to get the right equipment FIRST and then add the livestock
Lol u don't sound like a dick its true but I swore the heaters temp was what the tank temp would be at s didn't get one & I NEVER had anything die in my tank and its bine up for 7months now but with that being said ill run and get one now

ctrayer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
How long has your tank been cycled? It might be high level of ammonia.
If you do water change it will dilute ammonia but raise ph which may increase
the toxicity of the remaining ammonia. Try a product that neutralizes the ammonia

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
tonyscoot84 that nonse i had a yellow tang in my nano and he did fine for about 4 months till my 150 was ready for him and ia m not a noobie so i know the deal keeping fish

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Shes a Noob n has no idea what she is doing sorry to be so blunt. Even though dubs a tamg should not be kept in a nano or small tank no matter when u are gonna upgrade. Ill give you an example its like if you where driving an escalade for a while n then someone took you out n placed you in a fiat

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
yo i had both a yukon and then i got my gti that i didnt much long got rid of so that big car small car thing dont work with me i love both for different reason hey am not picking a war i agree she is a noob and i dont think she have that much idea before she got the fish i just dont believe in some the dont put this in that or u cant put this next to that i had 3 different set of clowns and a few anenome with a bunch of coral all in a 65g and everyboby was chilling for a long time i have a pick in my avatar i am not say that that tang can stay in a nano or 30 for a long time but if u get its as baby then y not ??

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I aint picking a war either dubs im just tired of people having no idea what they are doing and getting fish that dont belong in small tanks. Ur clowns and anem. Are fine for a 65 its the tang that gets me annoyed in her small 30 gallon without even caring. In your case u upgraded to a 150 thats fine and im happy you did that. N on top of everything she says dont judge me :lol2: r u kidden

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
lol i guess u would be looking for me if i didnt upgrade lol but i here u man some times that impluse get us all tho bro i know how it goes u walk to the lfs especially when ur a noob ohh that fish looks pretty let me throw it in the tank and a few day later u get a post help/or emergency how i get this fish or whateva out my tank i did it too i got too goby one time they destroyed my tank and i had to stay up 2 days getting them out

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
PLEASE KEEP ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OFF MY F ing THREAD THANKSS!!! && it won't be in my tank long PROBLEM?? Keep it to your self everyone makes mistakes && trust it was better off in my tank at its size than in the small one at the pet shop & when it out grows mine it'll surly be removed

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: