Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Here's a short video Kay.
Once I'm done with the tank I'll do a whole video lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5085NJgH1uo

I'm Nemo's mother.

Nice short vid! I really don't see the aggression you spoke of between the 2 tangs.;) They seem to be getting along in the vid. Are they still going at each other?
Kay, did you get the thermometer? How is the temp in the tank? I think it was dubs that mentioned the heat being the problem. I agree with the temp causing the problem with fish breathing heavy. I know the YT is in a new home, and there is no more worries. But it will still be a problem for any other fish you place in your tank if in fact you are having a heat issue.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Since yesterday evening they been good, but the first two days was crazy..... Now they buddy buddy :-/
But let's just say my tank is not big for two tangs..... So he/she still has to go.

When I was at Kay's I seen her test kit and it wasn't that bad, to cause the rapid breathing....... Its like if there wasn't enough oxygen in the water....

I'm Nemo's mother.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My sister was having the same problem in her 100g fowlr predator tank.All of her fish were breathing heavy and her puffer actually died. I had to rush over to her house and checked all her parameters and everything was spot on. I was really confused and checked her filter. It seemed like something was clogging up the filter tubes. As soon as I unclogged the tubes the fish almost immediately started breathing normal and all of them seemed to of revived. Check your filter and make sure that nothing is inside it.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Since yesterday evening they been good, but the first two days was crazy..... Now they buddy buddy :-/
But let's just say my tank is not big for two tangs..... So he/she still has to go.

When I was at Kay's I seen her test kit and it wasn't that bad, to cause the rapid breathing....... Its like if there wasn't enough oxygen in the water....

I'm Nemo's mother.

That is what always happens the first couple of days with a new tang. The problem is when it is a steady onslaught on the new comer.;)

Did you happen to see what the temp in the tank was at?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
[PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]Since yesterday evening they been good, but the first two days was crazy..... Now they buddy buddy :-/

When I was at Kay's I seen her test kit and it wasn't that bad, to cause the rapid breathing....... Its like if there wasn't enough oxygen in the water.... [PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]
You should give it back now that it seem you guys have an understanding of what was the problem...

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
You should give it back now that it seem you guys have an understanding of what was the problem...

Remember Dre I didn't just go swoop in and got a free fish, I traded for him , if he would not have made it was I suppose to ask for my corals back. Please don't make it out like I got over....I said I would give it a shot even if the fish would not have made it....

Kay like I've been saying I'm always willing to help... When what we have been speaking about gets fixed then I'll be more then happy to get you a yellow tang or any other fish for that matter :)

But IMF you would like the tang back let me know I'll do it just for Dre :)
I'm Nemo's mother.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
[PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]Remember Dre I didn't just go swoop in and got a free fish:)

But IMF you would like the tang back let me know I'll do it just for Dre :)[PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]
You're funny as hell, it's my Avatar isn't it?:lol2: I get that alot...

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Remember Dre I didn't just go swoop in and got a free fish, I traded for him , if he would not have made it was I suppose to ask for my corals back. Please don't make it out like I got over....I said I would give it a shot even if the fish would not have made it....

Kay like I've been saying I'm always willing to help... When what we have been speaking about gets fixed then I'll be more then happy to get you a yellow tang or any other fish for that matter :)

But IMF you would like the tang back let me know I'll do it just for Dre :)
I'm Nemo's mother.
Lol heyy I didn't ask for em back I love my new corals.. &&it'll be happier w/you =).. yes I did what we spoke about. See you soon

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey Kay, I didn't mean to get on your case the other night, I was really trying to help. I'm sick of all this Tang police BS also. There is a reason that there are tank requirements for fish. You have to think about it. We are taking these fish out of the freakin ocean and putting them in a lil glass box for our enjoyment. We have to do everything possible to make them comfortablke. I'm glad the tang is doin better. Good luck wiht your tank

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey Kay, I didn't mean to get on your case the other night, I was really trying to help. I'm sick of all this Tang police BS also. There is a reason that there are tank requirements for fish. You have to think about it. We are taking these fish out of the freakin ocean and putting them in a lil glass box for our enjoyment. We have to do everything possible to make them comfortablke. I'm glad the tang is doin better. Good luck wiht your tank
hey don't worry about it..you are right making them comfortable is a must!& I'm glad little sunnys doing better also=)... btw the temp. In my tank is at 77 I belive it was the heat and the small spike.. it was at 82F

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
It was a combination of both Kay. Especially with the smallish tank. For instance my tank which is 155g has reached 85F, but it never stays there for long when it did happen. All lights would turn off, and all fans would go on.
With smaller tanks you have to monitor closely what is going on in them. That is why people will always tell you it is much easier to care for a large tank in comparison to small one.
I am very glad all turned out good for you, and Sunny!:)

Dav, I believe you misunderstood what Dre meant. I am pretty sure Dre meant that since all was good in the tank that the tang could go back in if Kay wanted it to. Not that you took advantage of Kay or the situation. At least that is how I read it.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: