D

dylanjs

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ronen,
Even if the A/C is on, a fan won't work? Don't A/Cs lower humidity, too?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ronen,
Even if the A/C is on, a fan won't work? Don't A/Cs lower humidity, too?

Yes .But i live on the 6th fl of a 6 fl building .so get heat from the roof/ceiling . sometimes my fans go on cause of that .all thou my ac is on :rolleyes:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Just wanted to add that in emergency (like blackout for hours in heat of summer) Triple-ziploc bags on any veggies in the freezer floating in the sump works for a few hours, too.

God-willing, we won't have to deal with that this summer!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
:bump: ,, Nice weather is starting ,ppl make sure you have your ACs ,chillers and fans ready :D

:bump:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Plus also watch out for faulty heaters. They only breaks when you need them or when you completely don't need them.

I used to remove them once the weather gets warm but since the temperature stills fluctuate a lot last couple of days that reef needs more constant temperature, so postponed it til tonight(I mean it-I really have told myself to do it tonight after work.)

But TOO LATE
check my heart break link
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/25073-watch-your-heater.html

NOTE: Tony', the whole essence of what I have said is when you feel something is wrong, fix it immediately and don't wait. When Ronen feels that this safety thread should be bumped up, that's a sign telling us to prepare for the hot weather immediately and don't wait.

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The dorm room refridgerator "DIY Chiller" is overwhelmingly wasteful when it comes to cooling your tank. Fridges run at very low BTU's... think about how long it takes to cool a single bottle of beer.

Sounds like a very wise person....Damn I hate when DIY goes wrong...
This is so true I tried to use dry ice in a cooler with three vinyl hoses going through it and it did nothing in the summer. I just saved up and bought a chiller ... Damn I hated spending that money on a chiller.. I could have been at the strip club...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The dorm room refridgerator "DIY Chiller" is overwhelmingly wasteful when it comes to cooling your tank. Fridges run at very low BTU's... think about how long it takes to cool a single bottle of beer.

Sounds like a very wise person....Damn I hate when DIY goes wrong...
This is so true I tried to use dry ice in a cooler with three vinyl hoses going through it and it did nothing in the summer. I just saved up and bought a chiller ... Damn I hated spending that money on a chiller.. I could have been at the strip club...

I hate to say it ,But it not a waste of money .Think of all the nice fish and corals that you are keeping alive .

Next thing ide like to say ( Note i do live on the top fl of a building) its cheaper to keep the AC on all day and night ,then having your chiller chill the water and heat your apt lol (note it does not apply to ppl with the chiller out side)

Keep the AC on helps me and my tanks and my parrot alot ,Keeps us all cool and sweat free all summer long :D

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
122   0   0
:bump:

Well hope everyone is ready for this week coming ,82 ,81 and 80 degress for next week ,that means HEAT

Dont get caught off gaurd .I dont want to see any heat related threads this year ,we should of read this and made arrangement to keep your tankmate cool for the summer ,not exceeding 83 degress ,84 would be breakpoint ,after that its downhill

Get your chiller AC and fans ready for next week ,its going to be a few hot days :lol_large :bump:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ronen 3 words for you:

Room Air Conditioner!

Now you think living on the top floor i wouldnt have one

Hmm i have a 12000btu in my living room and 8000btu in my bed room.. both of them turn on keeps my apt comfy and my pockets empty :fishhit:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: