M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I asked it wasn't closed. So I'll keep posting and bumping untill someone like Sanjay reads it and actually can tell me what's the issue in my tank which was the point of the thread. Not the usual " quit the hobby responses for every issue I have reefing for me it's fun to figure it out I'm glad I don't automatically have a perfect tank like some.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Your salinity might be to high. I know this isn't the textbook way of doing things. When my mushrooms start to shrivel I top my tank off with freshwater. After a half hour my mushrooms are stretching out and the caps become huge. A couple of weeks later they shrivel I top my water off and they are good again. Try adding a fee drops of iodine it might work. Last thing might me to much flow.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Cu455 thanx but salinity is 1.025 all params are good, that the point it's a freaking mystery. Nothing is shriveled up just doesn't multiply and deff not like a weed that ppl say it grows fast. so not true like most things ppl say

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Just so you can stop blaming people for lying and start looking at the real problem which may be hiding in your mirror here is my pest coral mushrooms that MULTIPLY like crazy. They were on one rock in the transfer 4 months ago

Attachments

• mush1.jpg
    mush1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 132
  • mush2.jpg
    mush2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 133

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
So instead of blaming everyone for your troubles and being so negative on pretty much 100% on your posts and threads maybe take the time to just stop posting and being childish and just go through all the threads from the time this web site begain till now and see what YOU are doing wrong and be a big boy and take care of it yourself

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I hope by the time I'm your age I'll have a mushroom multiply. Till then plz tell me how looking at ur corals helps me find the issue with mine? Lol show me your car maybe I'll have one magically appear next to my building also

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There has to be more than 2 people on this forum who can give some actual input as to why mushrooms won't multiply. it's kind of annoying hearing "advice" from the same guy.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I hope by the time I'm your age I'll have a mushroom multiply. Till then plz tell me how looking at ur corals helps me find the issue with mine? Lol show me your car maybe I'll have one magically appear next to my building also

Because you are saying everyone is lying about how fast mushrooms multiply. Seriously are you ok? I just showed you a example on how fast mushrooms grow. You want me to show my rics also and how they multiply like a weed also? No one can just come up with a magical answer to why your mushrooms are not growing. Let a good hobbyist come to your house and test with real test kits and a calibrated refractometer and check your temps. Other then that no one has anything further to add because its been told to you 1000 times and 1000 times about your smug attitude and you dont do anything about that either

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thanx duke a reefer did come an check params w "real test kits". Calibrated refractometer and I have a new apex for temp so please for the 1000time tell me something I don't know. And once again I don't have those mushrooms u showed.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Honestly if you did all this and still can't get them to grow, why don't you just take a blade and do one slice down the center of a mushroom. A week later you have two mushrooms. Then spilt them off the disk or whatever and move one to anther spot that you want mushrooms and do another slice down the middle .

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
What kind of mushrooms do you have?? The high end ones tend to grow very slowly. Why not try the cheap ones that everyone has problems keeping under control. Maybe you could take some of the ones duke needs to get rid of. Being serious here...

redseamax130d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
24   3   0
I have mushrooms growing everywhere in my tank on the top by the sps and at the bottom by the sand bed . For me my mushrooms grow 2-5 heads per year. Every tank is different just like every part of the ocean is different. If one persons says there tank grows 3 mushrooms per month and the next person says 6-8 it could be the strand of mushroom. Two corals could look the Same but be two totally different strands. I've had two of the same sps corals from two different tanks and one group way faster than the other.

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I purchased 3 different mushroom frags from Pets Warehouse. They were in the cheap 3 for $30 rack... (not sure what the price was.. but it was def cheap.)

I took a purple one, and Green one and a Burgandy Bubble mushroom.

The purple one multiplied like crazy.. there are now around 10 of them in my tank.

The Bubble one keeps moving around the rock and has dropped 3 babies.

The green one has done nothing. Still the same size.. has not moved or multiplied at all

The moral of the story.. Who knows?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: