M

Moneymaks24

Walewale I'm not a fan of cutting corals w blades, it's kind of cruel but also I just want to understand why I can't get any shrooms to multiply riccordea and hairy mushrooms as well as 1 ultra red. I'm 100% sure I'm doing something wrong just don't know what. Im thinking it has to do w takin them off the plugs they come on and letting them re settle on a new rock on its own.

M

Moneymaks24

Goisles1 all my shrooms are like your 3rd one, only growth is 1 blue riccordea double in size in 2 years but didn't split into 2, just got bigger on the plug.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Just let it be... They will grow when they feel like it, there is no real formula. Only time you should be worried is if they die. Other than that just let them be.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Ricordia and hairy mushrooms are not usually the ones that grow out of control and multiply like crazy. Maybe your just expecting too much? Get yourself some cheap red/green/blue mushrooms and see what happens.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm thinking Mushrooms prob need a dedicated tank with no flow or inverts so I can feed them daily and they can "move" and multiply. Even though I never seen a shroom move. Ever

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I've always wondered how a mushroom can "plant" it's foot dead in the middle of a frag plug lol. I think they're glued or something coz non of mine ever moved anywhere

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
What i've done with loose mushrooms is put them in a cup or some container with sand. Cover with mesh. Then in a few days or a week they will attach to the sand. Now you can glue it to a rock/plug and the sand will stay glued and the mushroom along with it. Just like anemones they love when conditions are unfavorable. So at least you got that going for you.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So then they are all glued to plugs which is why they're not moving or splitting. Makes sense now thanx

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I got that u can't glue its foot, but now I know why they don't move is because they're glued to the plug, after attaching to sand. I imagine it couldn't detach from Sand or plug coz it's glued to it and not "naturally" settled in.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
This is just a random idea I thought of. The chances are it won't work. Blast it with a powerhead. The same way people force bubble tips to split.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm good on that but thanx, it's just gonna get killed by powerhead or sucked into overflow n die. But I got it now thanx. One of these days I'll try to detach them

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Hallelujah! a tiny new ultra red mushroom baby has emerged! I can now say I can grow mushrooms!! Sweet

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
lol Finally bro. :P Now watch then start taking over your tank. Thats one thing you have to watch out for. as well if there near any zoas or acans they can sting the acans or zoas. just letting you know.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ahh poverty jokes love it. All I need now is a wife w a good job and I'll have a house in no time. :)

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's the way life works where? In Silverspoonville? Where girls feel bad for guys and give them money? I'm good on that. Pal

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: