M

Moneymaks24

Half of ppl say to grow a mushroom riccordea or whatever u need to put em in a shade so they lift their "legs" like anemone and move ( this will cause a new shroom to grow)

The other half say to give them more light if they are "stretching towards light".

I tried both and no growth still in over a year! Can someone please explain what to do to make a shroom grow.

Also Half ppl say to not attach them to anything and let them swim around?! This can't be right.

M

Moneymaks24

I love how everyone has sps colonies yet nobody knows how to grow a shroom. Why the secrecy?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I get sps you stick on top of tank and forget about it easy enough. My shrooms don't move. They're on a frag how can they move??? First it's too much light them not enough light like common there must be 1 person on this entire thing that knows about shrooms.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Let's try this then: $25 to the first person who can teach me how to grow mushroom in a mixed reef.

Apparently a $800 led isn't strong enough should I get another one?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok Well I'm stuck w LEDs forever ( at Least another 4 years) so I'm not switching to t5. I'm sure there's someone who can grow zoas or ricc w LEDs. Just have to give that person incentive to give up his secret.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Dude there mushrooms... They dont need much light and they will spread sooner or later. If not cut them in half and see how that ends, they can heal pretty fast. I tried killing one but it just kept growing and coming back with vengeance

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I dose alk calcium from brs and magnesium. Got a skimmer reactor GFO weekly 20% WC and nothing just NOTHING ever grows. Just to be clean LEDs won't grow:
1. zoas
2. Chalices
3. Mushrooms
4. Sps

Just why exactly are all company's selling LEDs then? For xenia!?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Btw I'm not into slicing coral, to me that's cruel and a bit extreme. I don't need to make $ of this I just want to know what am I missing here? It seems like everyone just magically grows any type of coral with no effort or any problems. I just want to know how. Don't worry I'm not gonna be one of those guys who sells "frag packs" every day for profit. It's just a hobby for me.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sounds like you need a diff hobby...the reason no one knows is that everyone else's mushrooms grow on their own with no effort. You are the only one on this forum with Pac Sun's...not sure what your doing right or wrong cause every thread you say you are adding things or doing nothing and letting things do their thing..you battle cyano and algae and nitrates and apparently your happy adding tons of stuff to your tank and complaining about the cost. Why are you dosing? What are your params...when i complained alk was low you told me to change to coralvue salt and do a water change which again your like the only one using. Why dont you kick it back to basics...aggressive wc, good skimmer, strong lights, feed once a day (think in one thread you said 3-5x!!) i'm not saying you havent done research, but your the only one on all of MR who can't grow a shroom..

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Ahm I dose alk since I found my dkh was 5. I thought it was the reason for me not growing shrooms. I dose cal coz my cal was 390. Now for months alk been 9 calcium 460. Mag 1250. So please tell me what I'm doin wrong. Even if your like that kid who says its my lights. I thought shrooms don't care for too much light! L o l . The contradictions in this hobby are ridiculous.

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 radions on my tank and got great growth on zoas, mushrooms, chalices and the few pieces of sps that I have. Not sure who told you that LEDs wont grow them. Like most things in this hobby, first and foremost get your water quality right. Sounds like from other threads that your quality isnt stable. Posting your water parameters helps. Also how much light are your giving them? It may be that your giving them too much light which is stunting their growth.

I dose alk calcium from brs and magnesium. Got a skimmer reactor GFO weekly 20% WC and nothing just NOTHING ever grows. Just to be clean LEDs won't grow:
1. zoas
2. Chalices
3. Mushrooms
4. Sps

Just why exactly are all company's selling LEDs then? For xenia!?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PhosPhates 0 nitrate 24. Never been below 20 in 2 years but that's another thread. I feed 3 times a day my 2 clowns and helfrichi. Very little food varied 3 times from flake pellet n mysis. Also got coral frenzy. Basically every single additive and equipment I've bought and NO growth!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: