Rating - 100%
71   0   0
y5yrujy4.jpg

That is direct from my tap. My problem is my rodi unit calling brs now.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
What's this liquid component stuff about I didn't get that. Is it necessary?

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I brought the 200g kit. It was very easy to measure using the weight guide using a digital scale. It mixed up clear in no time. CA=450, Alk=8.5, Mag=1250, PH=8.2, Salinity=1.0256.:)biggrin:) All tested with ELOS. PO4= 0.19 :)frown:). Tested with Hanna Checker. My source water tested 0.00. I know all salts have some levels of PO4's but I am surprised at the 0.19 reading. I'm using my GFO reactor to get them down to 0.00 overnight. Anyone else get a similar PO4 reading?

Im getting the same .19 Phosphate PO4 reading with two different test kits ( hanna checker and a milwaukee digital)
ESV needs to address this serious issue!!!
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/advanced-reefs/168531-esv-salt-phosphates-poll-2.html

Last edited:

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraud View Post

Have you measured the phosphates of your water before mixing the salt? When I did measure high phosphates, it was because my test tubes were dirty and my RO/DI water was actually measuring high as well.
ps: I will still measure for my next water change and post the results here.

Yes Geraud I have checked this not just once but numerous times over the past month and with different boxes of the salt to make sure it wasnt just one box with the issue. It was 6 cases of the 200 gallon salt mix. I make alot of salt water for water changes every week especially because my tank had high phosphates and i couldnt figure out where it was coming from. i had GFO, Cheato, Water changes and 0 TDS & PO4 in my RODI. Little did i figure it was the salt and by trying to do water changes and chaging GFO out what i was really doing was just putting a hell of alot more in. I would have been better with no water changes. Anyway after a loss on all this salt ive been using, all the GFO and the losses by the high phosphates im ready to turn away from ESV to another brand, mabe tropic marin but this time im educated. ill test test test and dont assume anything from articles, magazines or media hype. Be an educated consumer and check for yourself. It will save you thousands in the long run.

RODI water 0
RODI water holding tank 0
ESV Salt water .19

This was the reading I got on making 100 Gallons and done by weight not measuring cups for more accuracy.
Ive seen threads where it could just be the batches from ESV but this doesnt seem like the case because ive made and a few people here and on RC have made numerous batches all with readings at .19 PO4 or higher and on low side of the spectrum at .12 the lowest and this could be due to their mixing components measuring differential.
We would like to see ESV fix this problem and or at least address it! As of now im running GFO in mt Salt water holding tank to bring it down to 0.
This has really shed light on a salt that was thought of as one of the best out there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: