cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I am AMAZED with this salt. I've had reef tanks for over 20 years and even own a reef shop. I got my 1st box about 2 months ago and sent in a sample to a lab for testing along with the 3 other "salts" I was using in my shop. I was stunned at the results of all 4. The ESV was the best. Ammonia-0.02, Nitrite-0.006, Nitrate-0.3, Phosphate-0.01, Silica-0.5, Potassium-636, Calcium-582, Boron-4.0, Molybdenum-0.3, Strontium-8.7, Magnesium-1688, Iodine-0.05, Copper-0.00, Alkalinity-3.41. It mixes in RO/DI water crystal clear. No white residue on the side of barrel or gunk on the bottom. Mixed in minutes. No waiting 2 or 3 days to use. I'm switching to using this salt exclusively for my shop tanks, for my shelves and for my own tanks. I won't use any other salt again. Mix the whole box or just a gallon. I can't say enough about how thrilled I am with this salt. I found NO cons to it at all. Very impressed.

anselmo145

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm very curious about this salt system, but don't know anybody that uses it. They make this stuff our of Hicksville, LI which makes me feel horrible about not supporting American jobs and the local economy. Maybe the folks that have tried this salt can chime in with their experiences?

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I have used this since last spring and I do like it. I do not really mind the mixing I have to do, since it's actually pretty easy.

I'm actually just concerned about the price point.

I bought my first 2 boxes on sale at 55-60$

But that was a big sale.

I guess I have to hope that before the end of March there is a deep sale.

I don't want to pay $80 for a box of salt that will last me only 2.5mos or less.
Esp. if it is possible that there is a cheaper salt with similar results.

(I switched from RO because of the brown gunk)

krazime

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
I have used this since last spring and I do like it. I do not really mind the mixing I have to do, since it's actually pretty easy.

I'm actually just concerned about the price point.

I bought my first 2 boxes on sale at 55-60$

But that was a big sale.

I guess I have to hope that before the end of March there is a deep sale.

I don't want to pay $80 for a box of salt that will last me only 2.5mos or less.
Esp. if it is possible that there is a cheaper salt with similar results.

(I switched from RO because of the brown gunk)

What's the site for the deal? lol

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I don't, I just keep up with my daily dosing same amount, I know the fresh mix might drop my target alk/cal/mag some but I don't think that will bother anything. Thing is to do your WC on a constant interval and with the same amount each time. Corals will get use to it.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Really? They are local to Hicksville? Thanks enough for me to give it a try. I've been using IO Reef Crystals from day one and have been following the great reviews for ESV. Will look to try this out when I need to restock.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I would really like to give ESV a go, but I really need my salt to be economical. Group buy would be great if we could get a good price. Maybe next vendor sale, I'll consider it. The biggest challenge though is it seems to be hard to get at times...not really ideal. My reef is on a budget so unless its a real deal, I can't go nuts and stock up crazy, plus storage too, though I'm sure I could figure something...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: