tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
albano, i havent a clue as to when the next swap will be. i just figure its sometime in the spring. my main point is just that i was worried the box i had would run out before tito's 10% off deal which usually comes during the swap. so i picked up some more salt at PW today

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ESV is a good salt but if you dont have many corals or even corals that dont suck up alk and cal like softie tank its not worth the money. If you follow the directions the way ESV recommends and you have not enough demand in your tank you will throw your balance off. I think this salt was made for a full blown colony reef tank that needs the demand for the ALK and cal. JMO

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Thanx dude, I just got some ESV, had to walk half mile w those 2 heavy a%# boxes, it better b worth it.

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I brought the 200g kit. It was very easy to measure using the weight guide using a digital scale. It mixed up clear in no time. CA=450, Alk=8.5, Mag=1250, PH=8.2, Salinity=1.0256.:)biggrin:) All tested with ELOS. PO4= 0.19 :)frown:). Tested with Hanna Checker. My source water tested 0.00. I know all salts have some levels of PO4's but I am surprised at the 0.19 reading. I'm using my GFO reactor to get them down to 0.00 overnight. Anyone else get a similar PO4 reading?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Off course 10 minutes after I buy it u tell me it's high in phosphates lol where were u yesterday

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the lab results posted in the original post showed .01

It could be from your bucket or even from your RO. Check both and another test kit as well would be good to confirm.

Since my RO (Kold Steril+2 DI+GFO) tested 0.00, and my new SW make up tested 0.19 (both twice), I don't think testing with another kit is warranted. My brute on the other hand...could be a culprit. I switched to ESV because Reef Crystals left the dreaded brown gunk in my brute and brown deposits was encrusting and ceasing up all my pumps. The interest fact is, when I tested the Reef Crystal make up water, PO4 tested 0.00 to 0.05. I rinse out my brute after every water change.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
PhoenixOne test your water coming out of your last chamber before it gets to the bucket. 0 TDS doesn't mean 0 phosphates or 0 nitrates .
I just went through this on my own system . I was doing water changes and developed a hair algae problem , tested water coming from last chamber and phosphate were 40 and I have 3 di chambers that were less than a month old .

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Ok just tested this is what I got.

zevepuje.jpg

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PhoenixOne test your water coming out of your last chamber before it gets to the bucket. 0 TDS doesn't mean 0 phosphates or 0 nitrates .
I just went through this on my own system . I was doing water changes and developed a hair algae problem , tested water coming from last chamber and phosphate were 40 and I have 3 di chambers that were less than a month old .

That's what I did. PO4 after the last chamber is 0.00. So the water going into my Brute is 0.00. After mixing the ESV, PO4 is 0.19.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: