Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
As stated above I have been using ESV salt ( and B-Ionic, and carbon and....) since before it was actually released to the public and it is without question the best salt I have ever used for all the reasons everyone else loves it. Throw in that they are a local company ( were in brooklyn for ages before moving to LI), and that they have been HUGE supporters of MR and the hobby in general and it is a no brainer for me. Bob is the nicest, most honest, helpful guy you will ever meet. BUT, a Group Buy is not going to happen because he has to honor and respect his regular distributors who understandably do not look favorably on direct to consumer sales, particularly cut rate ones. Sorry to dissappoint, but that is just the way it is.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My Lfs told me they couldn't get in any esv because they weren't making it that was about 2-3 weeks ago and that they where not sure when they would have it !
also mentioned some other things forget what exactly and dont wanna put out false info so just asking !

I'm gonna take the plunge and try it I've always used there 2 part and loved it I usually use instant ocean because its cheap but can't remember ever hearing a bad review on their salt!!

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I just went on the world wide internet. LOL. Did a quick search of esv salt and believe it or not our own Russ of saltwater critters has the cheapest price on this salt. for a 200 pound box he has it on sale for 67.99. Everywhere else was $80 and better for the same size

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I just went on the world wide internet. LOL. Did a quick search of esv salt and believe it or not our own Russ of saltwater critters has the cheapest price on this salt. for a 200 pound box he has it on sale for 67.99. Everywhere else was $80 and better for the same size

That's a steal for a 200lb box! .........wonder what shipping would be on something that heavy? Lol jk bro 200 gal box people ! It is great salt even though I won't use it , I never heard a single bad review , I purchased two boxes on the last group buy and ended up giving them away before I even got them , I think I payed 90 bucks for both boxes , either way I'm glad they are what they claim to be . Good thread cono

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I purchased two boxes on the last group buy and ended up giving them away before I even got them , I think I payed 90 bucks for both boxes ...

200g of ESV is shipped in 2 separate boxes (dry and liquids)... Do you mean that you purchased 400g of ESV (total of 4 boxes) for ~$90? ... That would be a great price, but probably before the last price increase.

Also should note that the 200g mix of ESV makes 200g at 1.025 salinity...other brands make less than their 'stated' volume, when mixed to 1.025...which increases their 'cost per gallon'!

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I am AMAZED with this salt. I've had reef tanks for over 20 years and even own a reef shop. I got my 1st box about 2 months ago and sent in a sample to a lab for testing along with the 3 other "salts" I was using in my shop. I was stunned at the results of all 4. The ESV was the best.
Which one was sec?

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
OP can you please post results from the test of the other salts you compared ESV with?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: