saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
That's a steal for a 200lb box! .........wonder what shipping would be on something that heavy? Lol jk bro 200 gal box people ! It is great salt even though I won't use it , I never heard a single bad review , I purchased two boxes on the last group buy and ended up giving them away before I even got them , I think I payed 90 bucks for both boxes , either way I'm glad they are what they claim to be . Good thread cono

That's exactly what I meant lol and yeah I'm talking 2 years ago easily

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The price is the downfall of this product. I refuse to spend $85 on salt when I have great results from using coralife over the last 10 years ($40 for 200g).

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
That's what they say but I never had a problem doing that and march will make a year and two months that I have been using esv. I mix 15g a week for water change. Salt mix 15g 908grams + 454grams=1.026 magnesium sulfate 11g 250grams + 25grams=1400 component A cal 11g 486grams + 49grams=425 component B Alk 10g 212grams=8. And my tank is stable no problems at all. All my corals started from 1" frags.

uza2ytam.jpg

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
If u gonna say ESV is the " best", post some results of other salts you compared it with. I bet there's no difference nor is it the best. I will never spend $90 for 200 gallons of salt EVER! Bad enough skimmers/controllers/lights are overpriced, now salt?! Come on please stop the madness!

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Max you dont read. He paid $90 for 2 boxes (ie 400G). The OP said he was posting a review he read on Marine Depot. Didn't you say you were trying it out to rule out all your other issues. I just checked on the price with PW since they were having a sale and it's really not much more than RC that I usually get for $46. And as other people pointed out, you get 200G of 35ppt vs 200G of 32 or 33ppt whatever other salts use for their advertising.

I think your main issue here and in other threads is that you skim and pull out what you want and then run with it....

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm glad he got 400 for $90, and I was gonna buy it to try, but best price I found was $90 for 200. I'm good on that! Ill stick w my $39 cheap stuff, no salt will help my coral anyway lol.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
no salt will help my coral anyway lol.

+1

Try talking to some vendor's instead of google. Thats the MAP. You won't find cheaper looking online like that. Although as someone posted saltwatercritters has it online for cheaper but i'm sure shipping will even that out. I dont know where you are but if you can get to PW in copiague they have a good deal and a great sale going on. I may be heading over there this weekend to take advantage. Also Aquarium Village usually has it for a good price but they are out of stock at the moment.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: