Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Brine shrimp unless freshly hatched have zero nutritional value, nor should they be the 'staple' diet for a fish.

How are you planning on keeping that tank heated??

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp unless freshly hatched have zero nutritional value, nor should they be the 'staple' diet for a fish.

How are you planning on keeping that tank heated??
Well I plan on feeding them some other type of food but I just wanted to make sure they are eating. What do you think I should feed them? I have a 7 watt heater that I had on another one gallon tank. It works well and the temp stays at 78.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I don't think you should be feeding anything. No fish belongs in a 1 gallon tank.
I suggested you return the fish to somewhere that it can be properly cared for.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I agree... that tank should not have fish... try some inverts... like a coral banded shrimp. Doesn't need to be feed everyday. had when you do.. just some bristle worms would do...

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you should be feeding anything. No fish belongs in a 1 gallon tank.
I suggested you return the fish to somewhere that it can be properly cared for.

With all due respect, But you need to get off my back. And let me do what I know I am doing right. So if you want to stick to bigger tanks then 30 gallons good for you, I already went through that stage and I want to try some thing new and this is what makes my days go by like Great. Stick to your way of liking tanks and I will stick to mine. #1 this is not the only animal hobby I have and so far I have had nothing but success with all my hobbies and most of them have to do with animals. So just wish me luck and not hate, I am hear to feel good and not get turn off by what people like you like to do, you Just like to bug people by trying to find things to make yourself feel like you KNOW IT ALL.:Lurking:

Sorry if I went overboard but we learn by doing things, and if I wasn't sure of what I was doing I would not do it. I DON"T LIKE TO SEE ANYTHING HURT including your feeling.

I like this kind of stuff, Bring it on BABY.:sgrin:

Thank and Sorry
DS:mad:

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
With all due respect, But you need to get off my back. And let me do what I know I am doing right. So if you want to stick to bigger tanks then 30 gallons good for you, I already went through that stage and I want to try some thing new and this is what makes my days go by like Great. Stick to your way of liking tanks and I will stick to mine. #1 this is not the only animal hobby I have and so far I have had nothing but success with all my hobbies and most of them have to do with animals. So just wish me luck and not hate, I am hear to feel good and not get turn off by what people like you like to do, you Just like to bug people by trying to find things to make yourself feel like you KNOW IT ALL.:Lurking:

Sorry if I went overboard but we learn by doing things, and if I wasn't sure of what I was doing I would not do it. I DON"T LIKE TO SEE ANYTHING HURT including your feeling.

Thank and Sorry

Ok you're the one not listening to the good advice being given to you. The tank is too small for the fish, it will outgrow the tank. How would you like to live in a glass closet for the rest of your life. Like we are telling you there are other things besides fish you CAN keep in the tank. Your only reading what you like to. We are NOT advising against having a nano, just what you are keeping in it. In such a small tank with a fish you will not get sufficient ammonia and nitrite breakdown and the fish will die. We are just trying to help save you some money, from needing to buy a new fish every couple of months.

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you're the one not listening to the good advice being given to you. The tank is too small for the fish, it will outgrow the tank. How would you like to live in a glass closet for the rest of your life. Like we are telling you there are other things besides fish you CAN keep in the tank. Your only reading what you like to. We are NOT advising against having a nano, just what you are keeping in it. In such a small tank with a fish you will not get sufficient ammonia and nitrite breakdown and the fish will die. We are just trying to help save you some money, from needing to buy a new fish every couple of months.
I agree, but I have two other tanks and if I notice the fish getting to big I will put him in one of my other tanks, so I am not saying that I don't want to try putting something else in that tank but for now that's what I want to do and when I first started this thread i explaned that I need help with picking a Clown and everybody told me that was a NO NO, and at the time I put the damsel in that tank to make my water, LR and LS stronger. But everybody thought I was making this tank it's home. I plan to do something that is more colorful then just fish. So I am sorry if I sounded like I am a ashcan becuase I'm not and don't want to sound like one.

So don't hit me Please:type:

So can someone please :givebeer:

DS:bagfish:

Attachments

• Fish Talk.jpg
    Fish Talk.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DontPanic_800 Standard e-mail view.jpg
    DontPanic_800 Standard e-mail view.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 136

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
instead of a damsel you should try some sort of small goby...i've had that damsel before and it will get BIG.....there are gobies that stay relatively small....i think it wud be cool in that system...

Oh and KathyC only means well for the livestock so lets take it easy....

Last edited:

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0

Thank and Sorry
Um, we do know it all...with a response like that to one of our most knowledgeable members...keep ur fish in that tank, watch it die, then im sure u will come back with another thread asking what happened..then, there wont be any1 who will respond...gl with that, consider it brung

Last edited:

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, we do know it all...with a response like that to one of our most knowledgeable members...keep ur fish in that tank, watch it die, then im sure u will come back with another thread asking what happened..then, there wont be any1 who will respond...gl with that, consider it brung

First of all I felt pick on and I am hear becuase you guys and gals know your stuff and I had ask what kind of Clown and everybody said that it was not possible so I was OK with it. The damsel is not going to live in this tank for long I have plans to move him to a BioCube that I need to start soon. I wish people would read the whole story before they think i am going to kill that cute little thing. So I don't want her to thing that I am just being a Ashcan when all threw the reply I posted to her I said that I was sorry if I went overboard, and if I need to tell her sorry again No Shame In my Game. "SORRY" but please read the whole thread before juming the gun. And I would never say that I know more then anybody becuase we are all still learning and I love to learn. Here are some pictures of what I plan to do if the fish was out of the question and for now the damsel is happy in there I will move him out when he gets a little bigger.

DS

Attachments

• Desktank042307003.jpg
    Desktank042307003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Desktank050307004.jpg
    Desktank050307004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 133
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think what people are saying is that the fish shouldn't be in there, ever. The other person with the 1g pico tank has no fish in there. It's all well and good to plan to move the damsel into another tank, but it's still not an ideal situation for him right now. No one is saying you CAN'T do a pico tank - you just can't do it with fish. Not in the short term and not in the long term.

And damsels aren't that cute. You'd be best giving him to someone with an angler that will eat it.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
In terms of water chemistry I would advise a large sump, possibly drill the little tank and install plumbing to a larger container, with a fuge or reactor. I know this takes the fun out of a tiny little tank, but I just see a lot of algae growing and a very unstable enviornment due to extremely small tank aswell temp and salinity swings.

If you arent intersted in this maybe including some attractive plant life such as maidens hair to keep down the nutrient levels down.

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of water chemistry I would advise a large sump, possibly drill the little tank and install plumbing to a larger container, with a fuge or reactor. I know this takes the fun out of a tiny little tank, but I just see a lot of algae growing and a very unstable enviornment due to extremely small tank aswell temp and salinity swings.

If you arent intersted in this maybe including some attractive plant life such as maidens hair to keep down the nutrient levels down.

What part dose the fuge play in the reef tank world, I never asked and I need to learn about this piece of equipment that seems to be a big part of Reef Tanks, explain it in details if possible. Always looking to learn, the more you know the better. :confused:

Thanks
DS:help:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
What part dose the fuge play in the reef tank world, I never asked and I need to learn about this piece of equipment that seems to be a big part of Reef Tanks, explain it in details if possible. Always looking to learn, the more you know the better. :confused:

Thanks
DS:help:

The fuge part usually is in the sump and I believe you already know what sump is. Since it's separate from the display tank (DT), you can keep other things there without fearing live stock of the two tanks interfering each other. Hence, the name refugium-a safe haven for animals where other would not be able to eat, kill or beat them. In our case, usually is the reverse, we put the fierce animals in there until we find someone who can take them. I think Aloha just put his coral banded shrimp in the refugium fearing it killing his Hali. Anyway, using eco system theory, you can put life stock over there to help maintain water chemistry and/or produce pods(life food) for your DT. A common reef fuge will have sand bed, life rocks, macroalgae and usually a damsel(this serve no eco function but many uninformed starter used a damsel to cycle the display tank and don't know how to get rid of it so it's there). Refugium as water filter is not as easy to maintain as mechanical filter like skimmer. Many, even highly experienced reefers here, find using refugium tricky but I am a big fan of it because there are so many things the mechanical filtration just cannot do it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: