scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I need to look for somewhat reef-safe fish to combat aiptasia. I am debating between Matted Filefish or Copperband Butterfly.

Would filefish or butterfly nip/eat my lovely Tube Anemone and other sps/lps?

My two Peppmint shrimp doesn't eat them. Can't use Berghia Nudibranches because I have other fish in the tank that may eat them plus Korlia internal pump makes it impossible.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
i've added a copperband to my tank and all my aiptasia was gone.. Wasn't meant as a aiptasia removal but i like the fish and that was a added bonus, hehe.p

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Thanks Dace, not sure If I can go with Berghia Nudi's. I have Orchid and Bicolor Dottyback, cleaner and peppermint shrimps and power blue tang, not to mention two internal Koraila current pumps. Either my fish will eat Berghia or it'll go into my pump.

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had very good luck with a tassled file fish, from Dom (Diamonds of the Reef), check with him.
+1 also on Carib. Pep. shrimp...you can order them from Reeftopia.com

Sometimes filefish will develop a taste for the insides of Acan's too. Nothing like an Acan with its guts ripped out.

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have the mojano wand, but Aiptasia are too fast. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Turn it on and poke it fast right(before Aiptasia has chance hide inside the rock)?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: