• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
ganna get some new pics up today of my progress. today basically tested for leaks again, made my egg crates for the base of the tank, and looked at different aquascape possibilities! also looking at my LED and different lighting options

also got my first fish in the tank!!!

lo7100

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
you don't need egg crates at the bottom. It'll only trap the detritus. The rock should be placed directly at the bottom of the tank. You may do a search here and see there are some experienced reefers not suggest to use egg crates.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
egg crates
P1010214.jpg

some aquascaping
P1010216.jpg

and my new fish!!!
P1010215.jpg

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
sooooooooooo tired long day today, went to Aquatic Life Direct in the morning, awesome store great prices on frags. Went home and my sand came in the mail. started rinsing the sand to cover the base of my tank. after that was done went through different options on my aquascape. after many different tries and positioning i am finally happy with my scape. Have to make more sand to make my rock placement stronger. and when that is done need to make more salt water! ahhh im tired!

P1010221.jpg

P1010226.jpg

P1010231.jpg

P1010233.jpg

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
i do have a nimble nano so i think i should be good also no direct sunlight in any direction, ganna post up some more pics later after this jets game.. haha basically been making water all day!

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Thanks for all the comments! alright so today was a day full of water! been making saltwater all day (instant ocean salt is my preference). I also found a bag of leftover Caribsea Fiji Pink sand which i totally forgot about so i added that in as a top layer. right now the tank is about 6.5/8 full of water so tomorrow i will be able to run the whole thing

P1010234.jpg

P1010235.jpg

P1010236.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: