• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Did you adjust the height of the durso? It should be below the water level.

well i put the T plus the 90 elbow on top of the pvc, but it was a little lower than where the water flows into the overflow. and when i put it on, it does do the suction but then when i put the cap on, the water goes above the 90 elbow which didnt look right because in the pics i always see the water level in the middle of the 90 degree as posted previously

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
What size is your return pump? Your return pump could be too strong for the size of your bulkhead.

i believe its 500gph gotta check what size bulkhead i have. ganna take pics of everything (my cousin is coming over to see what he can do)

You didn't thoroughly read my post. I was explaining neither the DT or the sump should ever overflow.

sorry for jumping into conclusion, but this is frustrating lol :irked:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
MY COUSIN ROCKS!!!! HE FIXED IT!!!! WOOHOOOO

P1010275.jpg

P1010276.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010279.jpg

P1010280.jpg

is the water suppose to cover the whole thing?

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
so i took off the 90 elbow on top and help the cap on top of the pvc, and it was still the same water level, so thats not the problem now it just looks cool with the bend told ya!

alright i think i have solved my problem! the holes need to be the size of a tooth pick! time to buy a new cap, i was plugging up the holes and i got it to where it was in the center of the T

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
alright so problem solved with the overflow noise
NOW on to the noise from the sump discharge. its like freakin Yellow Stone National Park every 5 minutes or so were a bunch of pressure just spouts out. i also want to reduce the salt creep

P1010241.jpg

P1010243.jpg

P1010242.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: