• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
i run 1 mp10 in my 65 and turned up its a whirl pool, more then enough flow for anything you want to keep, and way to much for some stuff. i bet am mp40 would make it look like a toilet flushing...

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
i run 1 mp10 in my 65 and turned up its a whirl pool, more then enough flow for anything you want to keep, and way to much for some stuff. i bet am mp40 would make it look like a toilet flushing...

lol thanks

alright so i through in a shrimp like 5 hours ago and the ammonia is kicking in! my sump is pretty foamy from the ammonia woohoo

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
the shrimp is looking really tasty right now with a clear coat of stuff surrounding it lolz
lights should be in tomorrow!!

P1010297.jpg

P1010298.jpg

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!! so my Maxspect G2 170w LED lights came in and omg.... there are no words/ pictures to explain how bright they are

P1010299.jpg

P1010300.jpg

P1010302.jpg

i love the placement of the LEDs because they dont hit the center brace! so no dark spots
P1010301.jpg

ALRIGHT so there is one QC issue, when only the blue lights are on, there is 1 WHITE LED still on, is it easy to rewire it to make it correct?
P1010303.jpg

P1010304.jpg

well anyways enjoy!!!
Just some stats
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - .25
Nitrate - 5? (i forgot lol)

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Awesome looking light. I'm jealous. I wouldn't worry about the 1 white LED. Not worth risking the entire fixture for.

lol thanks

alright so i just set up my lighting schedule this is how it looks

White 12:30PM - 7:30PM - 7hrs
Violet 11:30AM - 8:00PM - 8.5hrs
Blues 10:00AM - 10:00PM - 12hrs
Moonlights - they come on when all the lights are off

overkill? or does it seem about right

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I would leave the one white light the way it is. Why risk damaging the fixture and bringing about un-needed stress? The tank looks amazing; really nice to see a a freebie thread truly come to fruition as a beautiful tank. The amount of time you put into it really shows! Great job. Can't wait to see it stocked? How long has it been cycling?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Tank is looking really nice. I wouldn't mess with the 1 LED other than to put a drop of black paint on it. Personally, that bright spot on the right sticks out like a sore thumb with just the blues on but again, that's just me Lol. Look forward to updates.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
yea im just ganna leave it, i've gotten use to it lol. what i was told if i really wanted to fix it is just to buy 1 blue led and replace that white one.

tank is almost done cycling, i would think 1 more week and im good

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
tested my params today and
ammonia:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:5-10 (normal or should it be 0)
pH:8.0 - 8.2

threw some zoas into the tank just to get some life going haha

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
so a slight problem is happening with my overflow, i definitely know that there is back pressure happening because of the flushing every 15 - 25 minutes. how to fix it though? my flexible tubing into the sump is about 2 - 3" into the water and i believe i have properly built that durso. also i think my return pump is a mag 5 which seems to just be the right amount of pressure

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
dam i think im ganna need some professional plumbing. its getting very frustrating hearing my overflow flush every 15 - 20 minutes, i think im pretty sure i have looked into every solution to no avail. The water level in the overflow keeps going up and down (yes i did read what the durso site had to say). my flexible tubing into the sump is only about 2 inches below the water. and my pump is a mag 5 which is just right for the size sump i have which i believe is either a 20 or 30. if anyone local knows what they are doing in the world of plumbing i would gladly appreciate if you could help me out. will even throw you a couple of frags IF the problem is fixed

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: