• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
this is fun !

what i would do is cut the drain that goes into your sump either slightly above the water line in your sump or just at the water line.

the problem is the water in your sump is creating back pressure on your drain line. it could also be the reason you had to get so nuts with the durso. cut it 1/2" above the waterline and place a filter sock over it.

*this is just a guess* MR members please correct me if im wrong!

oh yea... thats a wierd durso..wtf...

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
this is fun !

what i would do is cut the drain that goes into your sump either slightly above the water line in your sump or just at the water line.

the problem is the water in your sump is creating back pressure on your drain line. it could also be the reason you had to get so nuts with the durso. cut it 1/2" above the waterline and place a filter sock over it.

*this is just a guess* MR members please correct me if im wrong!

oh yea... thats a wierd durso..wtf...

Exactly what I wanted to say just couldn't do it while driving. Lol

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
LOLZZZZZ thanks for all your help everyone!!! i am happy today the tank is quiet!!!! (just gotta make a proper durso) but other than that WOOHOOO!!! i cut the hose until i was just about 3" or so under water pointing straight down

lol for now i just put an old PC fixture on top
P1010281.jpg

P1010282.jpg

yes the filtersock is brown BUT CLEAN, the water is not brown thats just the wood underneath. LOOK MOM! NO BUBBLES!
P1010284.jpg

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
So I have a Maxspect 170w G2 LED fixture coming my way!!!!

So now i'm thinking about powerheads, have considered 1 MP10, or 2 Koralia 2's

what do you guys suggest? this tank will be a mixed reef

also about how many fish can i put in this tank? tangs?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The Mp10 is good on it, it's only a 3 foot tank not 4 feet and there is plenty of current in my tank. Even with an Mp 40 there will be dead spots and that is why I have the 2nd powerhead in there.

BILBO913

If fish could scream.....
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nice build very thoro, i see you said your getting a new light fixture. if you put a piece of aluminum on the center brace you could have used the other struture, the aluminum should've dissipated the heat from the MH just my 2 cents tho

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Nice build very thoro, i see you said your getting a new light fixture. if you put a piece of aluminum on the center brace you could have used the other struture, the aluminum should've dissipated the heat from the MH just my 2 cents tho

ahh its all good, i really did not want to use the other fixture, that was just temporary until i got a permanent fixture which i have found. i also was reading up on cutting out the center brace and putting acylic instead but yea there are also nightmares about that as well haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: