• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Do you have airline tubing or a hole in the top of your durso?

If you do, you need to adjust how much air is going into the tubing. I used an adjustable clamp to crimp the airline tubing on my overflow. The way mine works is that if the tubing is totally crimped, the overflow sucks at full gph, but if i open it a little, i can adjust how fast it drains. You just need to find a sweet spot between your return pump and the suction of your durso tubing.

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Do you have airline tubing or a hole in the top of your durso?

If you do, you need to adjust how much air is going into the tubing. I used an adjustable clamp to crimp the airline tubing on my overflow. The way mine works is that if the tubing is totally crimped, the overflow sucks at full gph, but if i open it a little, i can adjust how fast it drains. You just need to find a sweet spot between your return pump and the suction of your durso tubing.

i think i tried that before when i made my first durso but the thing that adjusts how much air gets in was too small and did the same flushing effect

You need to read this entire thread...........
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344892&highlight=return+noise

Basically you need to do a durso type thing on your return to the sump. Let all that air out and it will be very quiet. Good luck!

Thanks for the link, will look into it. but i do have a durso

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for the link, will look into it. but i do have a durso

Here is a pic of the herbie method,
overflow.jpg

Then you will use this for the return,
u%20tube%20-%20large.jpg

Also click this for a good explanation and another diagram,
http://www.tcmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17397

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
hmmm what you guys think of LPS dominant tank (doing a mixed but mainly LPS). would that be a waste with the LEDs that i have lol

LOL dam just found this pic

img0408cw.jpg

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
just an update, the tank is doing awesome, have a bunch of corals in there already that outgrew my 12gallon nano cube that are now in the 65g, going to take some pics tomorrow with my CUC that should be in tomorrow from reefcleaners. possibly going to check out MA to see whats in stock so that should be fun!

all my plumbing problems have been fixed with the exception of micro bubbles but mehh i guess thats alright with me

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
you are going to get about 32,758 snails lol... For real I got a CUC from them for my 28g and they sent a CUC for like a 90g....

just an update, the tank is doing awesome, have a bunch of corals in there already that outgrew my 12gallon nano cube that are now in the 65g, going to take some pics tomorrow with my CUC that should be in tomorrow from reefcleaners. possibly going to check out MA to see whats in stock so that should be fun!

all my plumbing problems have been fixed with the exception of micro bubbles but mehh i guess thats alright with me

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Alright so i went to Manhattan Aquarium today, picked up some cool $5 frags lol, came home to a box sitting infront of my door and it was from REEFCLEANERS! my CUC came in and lucky today was freakin amazing weather
BUT anyways lets get to the pics, still a WIP but its looking really good so far

P1010367.jpg

P1010365.jpg

P1010368.jpg

P1010373.jpg

P1010372.jpg

P1010374.jpg

P1010375.jpg

P1010376.jpg

P1010377.jpg

Also picked up my first fish for the tank! $5 firefish!?!?

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
firefish is doing good, ate some brine shrimp i turkey basted in, everything is lookin good! ganna let the tank grow out more but still looking for some more corals other than green or brown -_- lol

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
firefish is doing good, ate some brine shrimp i turkey basted in, everything is lookin good! ganna let the tank grow out more but still looking for some more corals other than green or brown -_- lol

Buying $10 frags provides more color opportunities, and you still stay on a budget (while still feeding the habit.)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: