• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes you don't want to do this without a good skimmer. So go for the skimmer upgrade first.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's in the works...I dont think I'll need to try this stuff after I get the skimmer tho, my tangs are what's doing my tank damage, thos lil poop factories lol the nac9 is rated for 300g + :)

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Day 10 - My API test kit is saying my nitrates are at zero. Granted API is not the best, but my reading using the same kit was 5 before I started with the pellets. I haven't tested for phos yet but will post as soon as I have those measurements. I also have less algae buildup on the glass, I haven't cleaned in days. My substrate seems to be getting a little cleaner too.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I installed the Vertex uf-20 reactor with 1000ml of pro biopellets using Mag drive 3. I'm using an MTC 1000 skimmer with Mag drive 9. Tested my water before running biopellets using Hanna tester. I got phos reading of 1.36. API test shows .25. I hope all goes well.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
using the vertex uf-15 and a mj1200 with 500 and had to dial it back, the vertex reactors are no less then their skimmers in construction. built likea tank, plus you can fully tke it apart

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I'm cleaning my glass maybe once a week when before I'd be cleaning 2 to 3 times. Water clarity is good (but I also have carbon in a media bag in my sump). Sand is almost clear of cyano, rocks have cleaned up too. I still dose special blend though so maybe that helps. My phoshate and nitrate levels are still undetectable (using API).

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I just started dosing vodka and Zeovit's Zeobak this week. I'm using a pretty conservative dosing quantity and will ramp it up very slowly. We'll see how it goes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: