• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
masterswimmer said:
This thread is not about you or me Mike. It is about Tony and the help he requested with his sump design. You offered your advice. So did I. It's very apparent that we're not going to see eye to eye on this topic. That's quite ok with me, as I'm sure it is with you too.

Russ

Never condemned your opinion. Just knowing the skimmer he has in the sump and the modifications he wanted to do, along with all the other things he wants/has to fit in there.

I guess I'll shut up tooo:grouphug:

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
whoa!!!!

kris one sump will hold more back flow than the other. another part of the reason why i suggested tony go with more room for back flow is because i knew how his drain was set up and that it would suck down more water than a typical drain.

Attachments

• sump A.bmp
    212.9 KB · Views: 193
  • sump B.bmp
    212.9 KB · Views: 178
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
as i previously stated i feel comfortable this way due to the design of my oveflow... theres no need for all this huffy puffy stuff on here.. i got great rec. on this thread and would not deny anyone of that and appreciate all the support from my fellow reefers (kris, marrone, russ, jose) and anyone else i missed... i really feel more comfortable this way even though theres always a chance of the power going out at least i no there will be alot less water spilling out then if i had something like the 1st pic in jose's pics above.... once again i am greatly appreciative all the help and support and look foward to more great advice on my diy plumbing thread... i will post pics on here when its up and running... which should be tom. nite... stay tuned...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
aight guys im gonna do a freshwater test on the sump to make sure its functional and all baffles hold the water... then i will be installing it... ohhh boy this is gonna be an all nighter.. lolz.. gotta redo some plumbing from the existing return and move some outlets... check out the plumbing thread i posted.... i need more help MR Team...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ok guys here it is all done will be installed tonite....

Attachments

• sump1.jpg
    sump1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 240
  • sump2.jpg
    sump2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 241
  • sump3.jpg
    sump3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 239
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
:type: ok im exhausted lolz... that was a work out.. got everything to fit and i didnt use a ruler ;).... lolz.. anyways pics will be up in a lil bit... smoking a couple of cig. to catch up wat i lost lmao...

BIG SHOUT OUT #1 - OUT TO PHIL for hooking me up on a piece i needed to get my return pump working again a stupid mistake on my part.. (i broke a piece off when trying to take apart the pump)

BIG SHOUT OUT #2 - OUT TO DEANOS for caring and calling me back with helpful information...

sorry about the pics i forgot i thought i added em already.. oops i guess thats what happens when u stay up till 5am and work on ur fish tank..

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 319
  • sump2.jpg
    sump2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey kris dun worry we critisize everything so no biggie.. everything is working out great... just added about 10 gallons of saltwater from what i lost last night.... so im trying to get everything set so i can actually see how the level remains in the return area...

ohhh and no bubblesss in my show tank.. woot woot..

thanks scarf ace....

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: