Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
OK... I got a question. I post up 2 head of green hammer and Jay wants them.... afterward he posted a red micro that I'm interested in... Now would this be a trade? and not acceptable by the few DBTC guildlines?

For BAR, that sounds like a trade, which is kind of the antithesis of DBTC. :D
However, if you meet his guidelines and he isn't giving it to you because of the hammer, there is every reason for you both to get the corals. Once its posted as a DBTC, thats what it is.

Something I have seen a lot is that people offer 1 or 2 frags in DBTC while they still have one or two or their own in reserve for trades that come up. What I have seen more, is people getting wait listed for a particular frag - that way second and third generations already have homes before they are even grown!

jejton

I think this is really a great program. I have a question. Are there any restrictions on vendors dibbing here? If not, should there be? I'm not trying to start a flame war but i think its an honest question and was brought up in the past on the freebie thread ( though i still certain ahem vendors dibbing there too ).

mray

?
I don't think that there should be any bias just because someone is a vendor or a mod. Frags should go to people who are able to allow the coral to grow and thrive. People shouldn't be "dibbing" for anything they can't keep.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
as long as the vendor abides by the rules set by the giver there should be no problem.

also with "dibbing" for future frags, you can "dib" all you want, but it's up to the person growing the coral to decide who will receive it next. don't be mad if you "dib" something and are skipped over.

grknyer

Official Lurker
I finally read through all the pages and I don't think I saw anything about what I am about to ask? I might have missed it though. Lets say a member agrees and recieves a frag through this program and for whatever reason at sometime (because you never know what happens in life & we see it all the time) that person announces that they are getting out of the hobby.Who gets the frag? Does it go back to the person offering originally or the person who was next in line or simply just make a new post on the MR DBTC:scratchch

KathyC

IMHO ..just due to our size and greater likelyhood of having this come up...

If the prior donor member did not address this situation in their rules...then the member who is getting out would make that decision by offering it to whomever he/she choses, or by reposting it and chosing another member.

In either event - the member needs to make a post of who got the frag and list their rules, and to track the lineage..

Keep in mind there is never a 'next in line' in DBTC!

I'm sure we will consider adding this situation to the guidelines ...

Last edited:

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
I finally read through all the pages and I don't think I saw anything about what I am about to ask? I might have missed it though. Lets say a member agrees and recieves a frag through this program and for whatever reason at sometime (because you never know what happens in life & we see it all the time) that person announces that they are getting out of the hobby.Who gets the frag? Does it go back to the person offering originally or the person who was next in line or simply just make a new post on the MR DBTC:scratchch
good ques....hey harry noice chalice mon!...

on a personal note, this all seems to me that its getting more complicated by the hour...im sure (imho) the sentiment that started this in the beginning is getting lost...keep it simple

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: