jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Some of those pictures are just unreal! Nicely done.

Jhale, how did the 90MM lens feel? Would you have gone up or down with the focal length?

I wanted the 105 nikon macro, I went to buy it this summer and instead got a 150 macro from sigma. I think I'd prefer the 105 macro after all :sigh:
The 150 is a bit too far for shooting tanks.

ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
truly amazing - id like to visit one day - but only open four days a week?!

Other then sat and sunday what day matters, thursday and friday are a bonus. Besides going to see the best livestock in the most beautiful store is worth the trip and doesn't everybody work during the week?
WORTH THE TRIP

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I stopped by GA this afternoon and grabbed some more photos :)

jhl_2086.jpg

jhl_2107.jpg

jhl_2113.jpg

jhl_2119.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So jhale you prefer the tamron 105 over the sigma 150?
I assume you used the sigma 150 .
I would feel confident making a purchase based on your advise after viewing these brilliant pictures

it's a tamron 90mm,not 105, the 105 is nikons macro.

I've used the sigma 150 for a while and can't say I'm in love with the lens.
It's got some color balance issues that I've not been able to work out.
I get a blue tinge to the images that is exaggerated in low light situations.
It's bad enough that it makes me switch back to the tamron. Unfortunately it's too late for me to return the sigma, otherwise I would have exchanged it for the nikon 105, which I liked a lot. If your shooting with nikon, that 105 is the macro I'd recommend, it's expensive but you can clearly see the difference in image quality. For now I'll have to stick with the tamron.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
OMG this was the longest I had not been to GA. I went up today with Randy and Dom. Poor Dom got nailed at the I95 tollbooth for not having an ezpass and then an extremely out of date inspection sticker. It made his trip a bit more expensive :(

on to the shots!

jhl_2557.jpg

hi!
jhl_2622.jpg

this is the first rose bubble jason said he's seen in a year
jhl_2566.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
all these shots were taken in the little elos cube tank by the door. these shots are taken with sunlight! the tank gets blasted by the sun in the afternoon. it's very rare to be able to shoot a reef tank at 100 ISO. I love the way the corals are glowing from the inside, some of the shots I took with the corals backlit. I wish I had more opportunities to shoot with this kind of light :inlove:

jhl_2592.jpg

jhl_2598.jpg

jhl_2596.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: