• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
thanks...I went a little crazy but after many nights of playing with it I got a good scape going. I tried setting up a nice scape on a towel next to the tank but it never went in the same way and this setup kinda juts fell into place perfectly. Plus, that large rock up front and most of the others have little cutouts on top that will be perfect for frags!

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Seahorses. Nope.
Way too small for large Seahorses.
Not Stable enough for dwarves- meaning. Salinity swings. And the live brine would foul up the water way too fast.

+ Seahorses are messy.

Never say never but the maintenance would be. Huge PITA.
You'd be over it in a few weeks.

Thanx
-Joe

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
@Jeremyxxx Nice rockwork.
If it's a mandarin goby the edge will be small for that one.

@yesjenks maybe if you hook the edge up in a big enough sump to keep the parameters stable it might be workable for a display for dwarf seahorses.

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I stopped myself from that impulsive buy don't worry lol. Plus I know they're hard to get on certain foods so I know not to even think about it now.

Gonna just get a clown fish or two and call it a day. Picking up a zoa coral pack from inneed on Wednesday so I'm pretty excited to get my first corals

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
oh and I saw a nice pipe organ coral frag (red) at the LFS today for $5 I was tempted to buy too since it was cheap but they look like a coral that would spread around my tank like weeds and I don't want that I want stuff to bunch together nice and neat haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: