• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Check this one out as a replacement for the 36g:D
http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua...Rectangular-Azoo-AZ1119-FIAQRA-AZ1127-vi.html

I'll take a 5.5g from you. I can probably swap it out with some zoa polyps if you want.
I'm usually in brooklyn 2-3x a week to pick up the wife so I can drop by one of these days if you are also home.

I'll think about it...don't know if I want to go that large...

And that sounds like a plan...I'll trade the tank for some zoas...you have my number so just let me know when you're available. Do you need chaeto as well? Half of my 30G is filled with it!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So I think that I've decided to have a tank made to fit the 30g stand, but shallow, rimless and starfire glass on three sides...suggestions? It's really bugging me that the ADA is so clean and elegant looking...want the same look for the larger build as well...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Pissed and ready to throw in the towel...ADA tank has a bad leak...don't know how/where it's coming from. Was going to upgrade to a larger temporary upgrade until I get the larger set-up done, but I'm stressed and just ready to give up...

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Don't the ADA tanks have a warranty for something?
If it is from the seams then they should back up their tanks as you definitely paid a good amount of money for that.

I'll pass on the 5g tank as a local gave me a 5g and now I'm getting the pieces together for my planned 12g long rimless.
Main tank is still in back order though for a couple more weeks.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The good news is that my derasa clam and all of my other new frags survived...there are several that I haven't uploaded pics of.

Don't the ADA tanks have a warranty for something?
If it is from the seams then they should back up their tanks as you definitely paid a good amount of money for that.

I'll pass on the 5g tank as a local gave me a 5g and now I'm getting the pieces together for my planned 12g long rimless.
Main tank is still in back order though for a couple more weeks.

It's ok. I don't know about ADA's warranty and I'm sure it's null and void b/c I bought the tank used...so I think I'm s.o.l. I threw everything into another tank and connected a canister filter to run purigen, carbon, chemi pure elite to cope with any mini cycle. I lost a few of my sps frags that were growing out beautifully. I also have the chaeto in the my a/c 30 fuge. I'm having a hard time deciding on which tank I wanna do for the larger build. I was thinking about a 24x24x12 waterfall cube I found and was thinking about buying but I don't know what to do about a stand for it.

Good luck with the new build...keep us updated. Have you taken down the edge? Are you going to keep the edge setup or are you planning to consolidate it all into the 12g?

I have extra tanks you can borrow till ada fixes the problem, don't give up, you have come a long way.

Thanks Richi...I had 4 empty tanks sitting in the house and threw it into the old 5.5g. I'm not giving up...just extremely frustrated. I lost several sps frags. Aggravated on the delays with getting a larger tank. When I do I'm going to put everything in the larger tank. Collecting too many tanks and just want to focus on getting a bigger tank instead of buying and setting up another tank. I'm just having a really hard time deciding on what size and style of tank that I want to go with and still be able to keep some type of budget.

Here's a pic of the tank that I was thinking of buying with the waterfall...again it's 24x24x12...already drilled with the center overflow for the waterfall feature...but don't know how to go about building a stand for it or finding a stand. Also concerned about the noise that the waterfall would create so I'm second guessing things. Thinking about also building my own rimless tank as there's a glass place that a friend ordered from to build their tanks in my area and they offered to help me put the tank together. I would love a 36" long shallow rimless, but concerned about my diy skills with that.

IMAG0572.jpg

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Maybe you'd wanna go with the MR Aqua 12 gallon long and have a same build with me?:wink1:
That's 36" long and shallow at 9" high
I have mine ordered but it still is backordered for a couple of weeks more. I could have gotten the GLA but the MR aqua is $50 cheaper and I don't mind the wait.
Got my other stuff already like the eshopps pf nano overflow which was on sale on tbaquatics, an mp10 w es ( I got an extra one for sale if you are interested:biggrin:) A semi DIY stand and a sump I have yet to begin with.

That waterfall tank seems interesting but I'm not much of a fan of cube tanks.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Maybe you'd wanna go with the MR Aqua 12 gallon long and have a same build with me?:wink1:
That's 36" long and shallow at 9" high
I have mine ordered but it still is backordered for a couple of weeks more. I could have gotten the GLA but the MR aqua is $50 cheaper and I don't mind the wait.
Got my other stuff already like the eshopps pf nano overflow which was on sale on tbaquatics, an mp10 w es ( I got an extra one for sale if you are interested:biggrin:) A semi DIY stand and a sump I have yet to begin with.

That waterfall tank seems interesting but I'm not much of a fan of cube tanks.

You know what...that sounds perfect...and I'll take the mp10...how much? I'll go with the same tank...how much? We'll have to catch up and compare notes. And I have plenty of empty tanks to DIY a sump.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Pmed you on details.
My fluval edge is still up and running. Will probably start taking it down when I have the new tank set up.

Hey rkaragozler, may I join that stand build?
I really am still undecided as to what to do for a stand on the 12g long rimless tank.
ADA stands are sleek though for rimless tanks but are pricey so a DIY is most likely the way to go.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Pmed you on details.
My fluval edge is still up and running. Will probably start taking it down when I have the new tank set up.

I really am still undecided as to what to do for a stand on the 12g long rimless tank.
ADA stands are sleek though for rimless tanks but are pricey so a DIY is most likely the way to go.
As long as Eyes doesn't mind I have no problem teaching

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Building a stand is not that hard, we can do it together. As far as what you really want anything can be built, all tanks are assembled using just silicone, with the proper tools you can have anything.......

I just discussed with the boyfriend and I'm definitely going with the Mr. Aqua 12g long and will would love to take you up on the offer to build a stand. Gonna make this happen soon...going to order tank and as soon as it arrives we'll all plan a date to get together and do this!

Pmed you on details.

Ok...makes sense...now that I think of it...stupid question lol. Your corals/fish aren't just floating around the room til the new setup is complete.

Yes...ADA stands while sleek and modern are way too damn pricey...for no reason.

Also, PM'ing you back now.

As long as Eyes doesn't mind I have no problem teaching

I have no problem sharing...we're all friends and in this for the love of the hobby...the more the merrier!!:biggrin::biggrin:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So here's a shot of this fully loaded 5.5...tried to buy a 40b setup yesterday and the tank cracked in transit to my house...:( Now I'm having buyer's remorse because I'm questioning the stability of this diy stand & sump setup...I did at least get some kick a$$ coral...

IMAG0597.jpg

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yes because I thought I found a killer deal on a turnkey tank setup that my coral would have plenty of room to grow out in and it's turning into a nightmare...nobody has a 40B in stock...even called pacific and they wanted $125 and told me that they have to special order it...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: