• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They are actually doing good.
I just got a frag rack from limpit's reef last week and cut it smaller to fit the edge. I wanted the sand bed to be neat and take the frag plugs off it.
You'd be surprised that the tiny edge also has a frag rack in it.:biggrin:
The my clementine zoas did'nt make it out of the swap without being fragged.
Reefs creations traded a nice mini colony of cat's eyes and another zoa frag for a polyp of it.
I got some pics up im my thread for the new additions.
As for title change, I think we can't change the original title of the thread but I may be wrong. I tried it before and t doesn't seem work.

Your ADA tank looks good. I'm really controlling myself in getting that 12 gallon long rimless from Mr Aqua.
I'm tempted to start packing up my figure collection wall and break down the edge to make space for that tank.:Up_to_som

That's awesome about the mini frag rack...I think we're both addicted to modding stuff to work in our tiny setups. I would love a larger ADA setup...someone actually offered me an ADA 75 or something like that for $175...but besides the tight budget...I don't need another tank or project...and neither do you...lol...your wife will KILL you! Lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tanks still have to be drilled, bulkheads, pvc, baffles for the sump/fuge...etc. Haven't done anything except paint the back of the display. I wanna do the same gu10 led lighting I have on the ADA too. Thinking about gutting my current extreme 6 bulb t5 and retrofit the gu10's into it.
Just kinda feel bad about stripping an expensive light fixture though.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
It's crazy I know...do you know how many people talked trash about these GU10'S stating that they wouldn't work, too weak, etc.?
This notion of many reefers is very hard to correct. With 60 degree lens, one single MR16(3x2w) LED bulb can easily produce 100 par in coverage area on a nano/pico tank.

However, I prefer MR16 over GU10 because of the safety and much easier to get a dimmer for them but nevertheless both are quick and easy solution to nano/pico environment.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Tanks still have to be drilled, bulkheads, pvc, baffles for the sump/fuge...etc. Haven't done anything except paint the back of the display. I wanna do the same gu10 led lighting I have on the ADA too. Thinking about gutting my current extreme 6 bulb t5 and retrofit the gu10's into it.
Just kinda feel bad about stripping an expensive light fixture though.

Sell the current extreme and build a simple wood box for the LED. The whole thing take less than a day.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ada 45-f

Just a pic update...

FTS 12/29/11

IMAG0554.jpg

New frags:

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0541.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

Not new...but here's a pic:

IMAG0540.jpg

Cell pics...sorry their not that great...I so love my little tank...wanted to share...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
wow that tank got stocked real quick, looking good sweetieeeeee.

Thanks Richie! I got an amazing deal on frags at the lfs on skillman that's moving to queens. I'm so in love with this tank. Grabbed a 3g pico from them also. Want to go back today to get some things for the 30g build...gotta get this one up and running b/c I ran out of room in the ADA to put anymore frags on the rock. Also got the mj600 you said I needed for that phosban reactor for like $10/$11.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I know. My 30th birthday is on the 31st...feeling old and want to take my mind off of it. So after I collect the rest of the equipment that I need I will be cooking and buying the beer and will invite everyone over for the build. What size bulkheads and how many do you think I need to buy? Haven't drilled the tank or sump yet.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Nice new tank set up.
Now because of you I want to pull the trigger on the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long for a shallow reef I have planned for quite a while already. Planning to shut down my fluval edge and upgrade.
I might start with a 5g or 10g sump build first this week while waiting for the tank to be back in stock again. (The wife is gonna kill me for this one.)

On another note, Age is just a number. :hb2:
Let's celebrate with a new build!:party::wineglass:biggrinpa:beer::birthday:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Partyyyyyyyyy. you would need 1 bulkhead 1" for drain, and 1 3/4" for return or you can use just 1 for drain and put the return over the edge. best bet if to get an overflow set up from glass-holes

I can't wait!! I'd rather not have anything over the edge...I want to make this as clean as possible. Actually considering going for a rimless that will fit the 36" space the 30 is sitting in. I like rimless better.

Nice new tank set up.
Now because of you I want to pull the trigger on the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long for a shallow reef I have planned for quite a while already. Planning to shut down my fluval edge and upgrade.
I might start with a 5g or 10g sump build first this week while waiting for the tank to be back in stock again. (The wife is gonna kill me for this one.)

On another note, Age is just a number. :hb2:
Let's celebrate with a new build!:party::wineglass:biggrinpa:beer::birthday:

Honestly the ADA seriously has me considering scraping the 30g and going for a rimless that will fit in the same space that I have the 30g sitting. I'm so in love with the look of the rimless that I can't see straight. I knew you would be upgrading sooner or later...lmao. Well I have 2 5.5g and 2 10g tanks sitting empty that you're welcome to. I'm collecting too many empty tanks.

Thanks for the pep talk...lol. And yes...your wife is going to kill you for setting up another tank regardless...lmao. They don't understand that this is just a part of our addiction of the endless quest to better our reefs. What's the footprint of the Mr. Aqua 12g?

Regardless of which route I go with the larger build...I will most definitely be sticking to the GU10 LEDS...they really kick ass and take names...IMHO.

As for the build party...you're welcome to bring your wife.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just got back home from another trip to Aquatic Life Direct with a crap load of goodies...di canister, a 1" bulkhead and a 3/4" bulkhead, salt, more sand, mj1200 (got a mj600 yesterday), another monti frag, ro filter cartridge replacements, etc. YAY! So all that's left that I need is my booster pump, pvc & gate valves, return pump which he's gonna sell me in a few days, more gu10 bulbs, glass cut to specs for the sump/fuge, skimmer???, and more live rock...which I'll most likely also be buying from him on Saturday. I'm so excited to get this going.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: