Status
Not open for further replies.

fab1971

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Wake up people! I can't believe you are trying to defend this person. This same vendor/person attempted to sell this colony on another board. I followed the entire thread to the end. They were told politely that they weren't true red hornets. The seller then gave lineage directly to another member. That member replied immediately saying it was not true. The seller got ticked off and asked to close the thread. A couple of hours later they showed up here and tried to sell the same colony. Give me a break. This is a clear case of fraud.

Harlem20

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Wake up people! I can't believe you are trying to defend this person. This same vendor/person attempted to sell this colony on another board. I followed the entire thread to the end. They were told politely that they weren't true red hornets. The seller then gave lineage directly to another member. That member replied immediately saying it was not true. The seller got ticked off and asked to close the thread. A couple of hours later they showed up here and tried to sell the same colony. Give me a break. This is a clear case of fraud.

ok so am i blind am i missing something? where is this for sale thread of red hornets you are talking about on this site

fab1971

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm sorry, that's my bad. There was never any mention of a sale on here. But why start a thread titled "My Red Hornets", on this site after being told they're fake at r2r. Why pick fights and insist they are real when obviously they're not. How are you a vendor/seller in this hobby with so much experience and not know what a real red hornet is. I've only been into corals for 6 months and I know and can recognize most of the hot corals in the market. It smells very fishy.

Harlem20

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I know there was a thread posted on r2r but fab mentioned that a thread was posted here on mr on the red hornets for sale that was what i meant when i asked about the thread as for defending him i consider johnny a great friend who helped me get back into the hobby and i have bought many things from him ranging from corals fishes all the ways to complete tank setups and he has been nothing but generous everytime and in the two years that ive been on this site i have never heard someone complain about him or say that they fealt they were scammed by him and trust me on this site there is alot of talk and if someone says they have been scammed everybody heres about it i am doing what i hope the friends ive made on this site would do for me if i was being accussed of being a scammer thats just the type of person i am you best believe that if i thought he was truly some1 trying to scam and rip people off i would not be defending him but like i said i dont believe that is the case from what ive read on this site and r2r this was all blown way out of proportion and was handled in the most childish way possible how would you feel if you had found out that the 125 you paid for on real red hornets are fake would u be happy about that? doesnt matter how long youve been in the game mistakes happen you live and you learn from that. The way i look at it is when he posted the pics of the rh on this site it was to find out whether they were truly real or not yea you guys told him they were fake on r2r but on this site i like to think that we are alot closer due to the fact that mostly everyone on this site is within 4 hours away from each other give or take and most of us are willing to help and can hellp in an emergency. hes been on this site for almost 4 years just my 2 cents but dont u think if he was really trying to rip someone off he could have easily made a new account waited a month right some post here and there and then try to sell it instead of supposedly scamming someone on his own account well that just my opinion im not here to argue with anyone or start any fights just here to help a friend out johnny good luck and just keep it moving :)

grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I know there was a thread posted on r2r but fab mentioned that a thread was posted here on mr on the red hornets for sale that was what i meant when i asked about the thread as for defending him i consider johnny a great friend who helped me get back into the hobby and i have bought many things from him ranging from corals fishes all the ways to complete tank setups and he has been nothing but generous everytime and in the two years that ive been on this site i have never heard someone complain about him or say that they fealt they were scammed by him and trust me on this site there is alot of talk and if someone says they have been scammed everybody heres about it i am doing what i hope the friends ive made on this site would do for me if i was being accussed of being a scammer thats just the type of person i am you best believe that if i thought he was truly some1 trying to scam and rip people off i would not be defending him but like i said i dont believe that is the case from what ive read on this site and r2r this was all blown way out of proportion and was handled in the most childish way possible how would you feel if you had found out that the 125 you paid for on real red hornets are fake would u be happy about that? doesnt matter how long youve been in the game mistakes happen you live and you learn from that. The way i look at it is when he posted the pics of the rh on this site it was to find out whether they were truly real or not yea you guys told him they were fake on r2r but on this site i like to think that we are alot closer due to the fact that mostly everyone on this site is within 4 hours away from each other give or take and most of us are willing to help and can hellp in an emergency. hes been on this site for almost 4 years just my 2 cents but dont u think if he was really trying to rip someone off he could have easily made a new account waited a month right some post here and there and then try to sell it instead of supposedly scamming someone on his own account well that just my opinion im not here to argue with anyone or start any fights just here to help a friend out johnny good luck and just keep it moving :)
MR spirit Harlem:starfish:

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Ok guys, alot has been said here. An I acknowledge that these are not the real Red Hornets. After I had posted this thread about the Red Hornets, there were reasons for this post. BUt, I did not know until so one may a comment about these RED Hornet up for sale on R2R, my wife did not say nothing until this went out of control. My wife did take the pictures, and and had her eyes glue to the small colony, with happiness thinking money. Since she knew and was upset at first that I had spent $250 for to small polyps, one was a baby polyp, that fell off the frag plug a few days, because it never open. After looking at the picture, and looking at the colony I was not so excited anymore, so I contact Bogliman about these Red Hornets, to ask him agaim for some reassurance and where did he get them. Because he had mention m\'akoyPINOY. And everyone knows m\'akoyPINOY have one of the nicest zaoa and palys and my wife remeber that I got PH from him and his picture on Zoaid on the Red Hornets.

I was not pleased with Bogliman answers, to tell me that he does not remember where did he get those Red Hornets...please. I've been on since October 2006. I remember the name of the first memeber here who sold me a $15 green striped mushroom. So If I spend $125 - $150 for a polyp of anything I will remember is ssn#. I took my wife picture and posted here to get others "EXPERTS" opinion....that was the purpose. And still did not know that my wife posted on another forum to sell them for a Birthday gift, a camera.

Instead, like always it became a battle field, I nor my wife seen it come, she or I had a chance to explain. I cause everyone assume I'm a liar and cheator. Guilty!! Well, I'm only sorry that I started this post, nothing more.

fab1971 Just because I was in for several years, that doe not mean I know everything, and you been in the hobby for 6 months..great goodluck. Bottom-line when I bought them there were very small and still small, and I trusted the seller.

Now rest here if you still have time to insult go ahead, and enjoy yourself.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I hope this atleast sends a lesson to people who buys and sell high end corals .. When huge money is involved the seller must provide a lineage to prove that it is legit. The buyer then must do his part by doing research if its a legit ( Pm the person if that person bought it from him and also look at some pictures online ) .. In this case both parties failed to do their part so now its haunting them down or in worst case scenerio ruin their reputation when selling high end stuff. Remember if this was a 5.00 zoa per polyp I don't think people will be upset but if this 5.00 zoa and selling it for 125.00 per polyp now people will ask you tons of question.

goodluck

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Akma- I am in no way a coral prince lol.. I just happened to like corals and like I said if I was the BUYER and the SELLER respond I forgot the guy's name but it is legit.... MY RESPONSE will be..........Thank you ill pass....

NY( RICK) -trust me I have B-nest mushrooms ..I enjoyed colors more than the price .. now if the color that I like has a tag price then I buy it :).. and yes I do :)

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
man you got your self in some mess i really dont think they real
i have bought corals from him with no problem at all i got what he said
i see you got kicked off reef 2 reef

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: