BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
If u gonna say ESV is the " best", post some results of other salts you compared it with. I bet there's no difference nor is it the best. I will never spend $90 for 200 gallons of salt EVER! Bad enough skimmers/controllers/lights are overpriced, now salt?! Come on please stop the madness!

Always the one that knows it all and against everything others say. But "nothing will help your corals". My corals don't need help but I'm still looking to improve.

Last edited:

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
I'm glad he got 400 for $90, and I was gonna buy it to try, but best price I found was $90 for 200. I'm good on that! Ill stick w my $39 cheap stuff, no salt will help my coral anyway lol.

I bought Seachem's Aquavitro Salinity for almost $90 and I was not satisfied but Sunny on MR would vouch saying that he loves Aquavitro whom is successful using it.

As stated in an earlier post, Pet Warehouse in Copaigue sells ESV for $65. And you are accurate, salt does not make a tank. The man in the mirror does. Many have been successful with all the brands out there.

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ESV is a very good salt and perhaps the only salt that allows you to get the exact calcium, magnesium and alkalinity at your desired salinity. You can custom tweak your levels FYI.

I called the manufacturer and he said DO NOT try and create your own levels. If you want different levels use the 2 part. He said follow the directions it states on the sheet

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
I am telling you that you can and have a successful tank. There are always manufacturers recommendations brother.

What ESV meant was in the event that one of your parameters is off after completing the final step (adding the salinity), you should use those two parts to increase to your desired level.

Do I have a witness?

Last edited:

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Lol! Read the instructions bro.
e3abysa9.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I am telling you that you can and have a successful tank. There are always manufacturers recommendations brother.

What ESV meant was in the event that one of your parameters is off after completing the final step (adding the salinity), you should use those two parts to increase to your desired level.

Do I have a witness?

Nope ,only adjust salinity not part A and B
But if it's working for you then great

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
No one is attacking anyone just stating some other info on the salt ,if what you are doing works for you then by means keep doing it, from my experience with esv and I've been using it before it even became popular ,when parts A and B were tweaked other elements were reduced ,and I also has water samples sent out and tested ..
But it's just my opinion
So let's just agree to disagree ..lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: