LaurenBabe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey

what about tempered glass? there is a 90 in conn the I am interested in... but it does not have a hood it is all wood stand and costs 250 the tank is drilled but... does not come with a top

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well, I like having a canopy because I have jumping fish.

You CANNOT drill tempered glass. Period. But find out for sure if the aquarium really is all tempered glass - a lot of times, not all of the panes are made of tempered glass. What brand is the tank?

LaurenBabe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am soo excited! i just set up a 5 gallon tank last week and it has already cycled! still waiting for a much biger one but here are some pictures of what I have now in my gallory if n e one heres about a tank please tell me i want to buy one :)
L

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Lauren -

Just be aware that a 5g tank is going to be more difficult to maintain than a larger tank. I don't know what your plans are for the little tank, but if you put anything other than the LR and sand in there, you should pull the temperature up. You are also going to need more LR in there to add to the biological filtration - maybe three or four small pieces.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i dun think it cycled yet, but what do i no i iz no expert :rolleyes:

looks nice though...

yes you iz know expert :rolleyes:

the tank could be cycled if sand and rock from an existing tank were used.
but when the first critter goes in, there will be a mini cycle so test for that.

I agree more rock is needed. 5 gallons is tough, you have no leeway for mistakes because the water volume is small.

what's your livestock list?

S

steveo32

Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
Lauren those coral life digital temps things are pretty much garbage their always off. Since you have a small tank I would go with the good old fashion ones and hide it in the back. Also let me see if I got a piece of live rock I can give you I prob got a niced size piece.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
From the looks of your tank i dont think you need a powerhead since you have that HUGE hang on filter which will produce enough water flow in the tank by itself. But then again I dont think right most of the time so get another opinion on this.

Last edited:

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lauren,

What is the general rule for how many lbs of live rock you should have for each gallon of water in your tank?

DO MORE RESEARCH!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: