JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Been a while, I guess I shall update :). I am a tad superstitious about taking pictures of living things...it's like my pets are Amish...but whatever...Got a few frags from some MR members, thanks!
FTS this morning when everything was waking up and opening:
2972251082_b30133f1c4.jpg

Some colors going on under actinics
2972251086_0bab3f12f9.jpg

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
adding any media in a media bag hardly does anything if it does anything at all the best thing to do is add a phosban reactor they arent expensive but you would need a powerhead to feed it and they are about 3 inches in diameter so it wouldnt fit in the chamber as far as I remember. Maybe you can make a diy small enough to fit in one of the chambers.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
or just hang the phosban on the back with the feed pump in one of the chambers. a little tip on the phosphate kits...Most of them are worthless, they will read zero when there is a phosphate problem.

One of the only ways to get a reading is to use a Colorimeter. The problem is they cost about $200. If you don't want to buy one and don't know someone who has one, it's best to assume that the phosphates are there and need to be removed. I run a phosban reactor 24/7 and always will. Phosphates will always be added whenever you feed so you need to have some form of removal.

If you don't like the look of a big phosban reactor hanging on the back you could use it for a couple months to get the phosphates down low. Then you could put some GFO in a media bag and put it in one of the chambers to help keep it down...

Just a suggestion.

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Haven't had an update in a while...will take some pics over the weekend...though I did catch my halloween (I think) hermit picking on one of my acans last night...ugh :(. This is what he looked like before he turned HEEL and killed a XL turbo snail for its shell...
3021309198_8f8b0c7d04.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: