• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thx guys, there are a lot of little mistakes here and there... But I must say, for a very amature wood worker... I very pleased. The reason it's comming out nice is because I'm taking my time doing it and trying not to rush any of it. I started this thing on 1/13/08

Last edited:

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm going to stain it so it matchs my wall unit.

DSC00535.jpg

Thx Jason. I will be matching it to this.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
great choice, and are you constructing a canopy as well? And as far as lighting, one or two MH fixtures?, because its not that wide, but alot of water for a fairly small peremeter

Sorry if this info is in other threads, but dammmn your upto almost 100 comments

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I will be make the canopy as well. Hopfully that comes together faster than the stand. I have a dual PFO 400w Ballast but will only be using half as only one Lumen Bright reflector fits. I will be firing a Ushio +20k bulb. I have this running on the 125 now and really like it so far

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I will be make the canopy as well. Hopfully that comes together faster than the stand. I have a dual PFO 400w Ballast but will only be using half as only one Lumen Bright reflector fits. I will be firing a Ushio +20k bulb. I have this running on the 125 now and really like it so far
if your only going with 1x400 pendent i would not go with the lumen Bright reflector is very well made and will give more light to the bottom of the tank but will not give as wide a spread as the lumenarc3's. From what i read your tank is only 25" deep which will not require more light on the bottom as will a tank 30" high or better. They are also made to reflect more like a spot light. if your only putting 1mh right smack in the center i would really consider the lumenarc3

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Great... you tell me this now... JK

OK, Well I already have all of the equipment. so I guess I give it a try and if it does not work out I'll switch reflectors... Another Item to the list of things I should have changed.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
It's no biggy, i'm sure if your not happy with the light spread someone will jump on that reflector in a minute
Great... you tell me this now... JK

OK, Well I already have all of the equipment. so I guess I give it a try and if it does not work out I'll switch reflectors... Another Item to the list of things I should have changed.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Dave:
I agree in going with a Lumenarc, but I have to disagree on the light spread on the Lumen Bright. It is 1" bigger than the Lumenarc 3 & with total number & placement of the facets, it's designed to reflect the light to multiple angles.
It has a nice spread opposed to the boxed out Lumenarc. I feel the Lumenarc has more of the "spot light" effect.

John: with your tank dimensions, I feel either will be fine.

BTW: Nice start.:)

Last edited:

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
some small updates..

I finished all the trim and molding this morning...

the space in between the molding and frame is were I will place small items that I'm alway going crazy looking for... glue, test kits....

2008_0216100g-square-stand0001.jpg

blurry pix... sorry. you can see the OM 4 way here

2008_0216100g-square-stand0002.jpg

2008_0216100g-square-stand0003.jpg

tomorrow I'll add the door and start some lite sanding. and stain. On monday I plan on adding the finish and cutting some holes on the top so I can start mocking up the plumbling next week.

Last edited:

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
tank tank will be the center piece of the living room. It will be next to my balcony door and will be in the same spot most people would put an end table.

Thx for the complements. I'm hoping to have some more pix tomorrow with some color on it.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
soo... my fat ass has been a very busy bee today... the stand IS DONE:thrash::beer::fish:

now to start on the canopy... hopefully next weekend.

Stained ... not finsh:

2008_0218100g-square-stand0001.jpg

2008_0218100g-square-stand0001.jpg

and now... with a satin finish:

2008_0218100g-square-stand20001.jpg

2008_0218100g-square-stand20002.jpg

sorry about the dirty lens.... dog sneezed on the lens and I did not notice....

soooo tell me what you think

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: