• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
don't you know it!

wait till you see that bad boy, it's huge :)
I can cover it in plenty of frags, yeah!

by the way I drip acclimated the trigger for an hour and then let him go in the tank.
he's behind some rocks now. I hope he's not too traumatized, steve brought him over in a goldfish bowl :P

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
jhale said:
don't you know it!

wait till you see that bad boy, it's huge :)
I can cover it in plenty of frags, yeah!

by the way I drip acclimated the trigger for an hour and then let him go in the tank.
he's behind some rocks now. I hope he's not too traumatized, steve brought him over in a goldfish bowl :P

hahah poor fish :(. Maybe he thought he was getting put into a tank of goldfish ;). Can't wait too see it covered in frag, you need all the real estate you can possibly get.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jhale said:
I'm sorry guys :( Steve just drove up and dropped off the trigger, he did not get parking. I'll be home tomorrow if you all want to stop by. lmk.

I might be putting the big rock Aaron made for me into the tank then and gluing frags to it. Yea!! that will be a fun day:D
Ill come and bug you with a few beers!!! :icon16:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
hahah poor fish :(. Maybe he thought he was getting put into a tank of goldfish ;). Can't wait too see it covered in frag, you need all the real estate you can possibly get.

speaking of realestate I'm going to need to start finding some of my original sps colonies some new homes. I'm going to save some for Tom, so when he gets his tank going he will have more than just frags. but space is getting tight.

Herman I'll give you a call your welcome to come over :D maybe we can get a few more reefers together for some beers in front of the tank. Kris you can come but your getting soda, lol.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
347   0   0
jhale said:
speaking of realestate I'm going to need to start finding some of my original sps colonies some new homes. I'm going to save some for Tom, so when he gets his tank going he will have more than just frags. but space is getting tight.

Herman I'll give you a call your welcome to come over :D maybe we can get a few more reefers together for some beers in front of the tank. Kris you can come but your getting soda, lol.

LoL...Love to but I've got a :bigeyes2: :smokin: :shocked1: date....lol...its about time tooo

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
rickytsui said:
john u got any new pics of your tank i bet is more pack now

hey Ricky, I just killed the battery on the camera, I took a ton of photos of the trigger. If the battery charges in time I'll get some shots tonight before the lights go out.

the tank looks pretty much the same though, as the last full tank shot.
the sps is growing but from far away it's hard to tell how much, I think in a few months you might see more of a difference.

steves trigger seems to like the tank. he ate right away and has found a spot he likes in the rocks. he comes out and then swims back in over and over. he's not as colorful as I thought he would be but I like him for his personality, he reminds me of a bulldog. he did not bother any of the other fish but when the scopas swam near him he kind of shook his whole body at him. I'll put some photos up later on tonight, I've got a bunch to go through. I also finally got some decent shots of jose the mandarin, I'll post those as well.

and for those who were wondering Phosban definitely works well when you use the right amount. I had taken my reactor off line for a while and the Po4 crept up to about .5. After two weeks with the reactor 2/3 full the levels are down to 0.0 reading using a brand new seachem kit :D

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
update shots

at last a clear photo of the mandarin,
jose.jpg

jose2.jpg

and even the pseudochromis, these are the two hardest fish in my tank to get pics of,
pseudo.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
left side of the tank,
leftside.jpg

and what would an update be without a shot of House's crazy cap?
I had to break the cap off it's base and glue to a huge tonga branch to support it.
it got pretty beat up, but it made a full recovery and is starting to scroll all over the place.
greencap.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
okay Ricky here's a full tank shot, not much has changed.
ignore the two hippo tangs, there should only be one, I used photomerge in photoshop ;)

fulltank1.jpg

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
LOL Sure you did. You're trying not to get flamed by the tang police LOLOL J/K

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
coravue I think, they came with a retrofit I bought off ebay before I knew anything about lights. I'll check the box later.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: