vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Most likely I will go with 60 deg lens and light spread should be fine. Got led's and led boards today. Once I get all the parts I will post pictures...

i use 80 deg. lens, to be honest i make a mistake, light project to vertical, not much on front and back, i should use 120 degr. or make the fix. 12"-14" wide not 9", if u want stop by to see it.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
light

i use 80 deg. lens, to be honest i make a mistake, light project to vertical, not much on front and back, i should use 120 degr. or make the fix. 12"-14" wide not 9", if u want stop by to see it.

Sure i would like to stop by and see your set up. Pm me your no and i will stop by on my way back from work...

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I already start to build ANOTHER LED fix.
Today i work on heat sink , will be 12" X 22 1/2 , also 4 Ch.
What Power supply u gone use ?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I am using poweone power supply which is 10.5 amp 48v 500w. I bought bigger one if i want to add more drivers this will be able to handle the load. Right now i will using 7 am i can use 3 more drivers.....

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ytupaqu9.jpg

What do you guys think of this layout? I just ordered a few of these. Got 3 diff whites, 3 diff blues, 410,420, red, grn

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
ytupaqu9.jpg

What do you guys think of this layout? I just ordered a few of these. Got 3 diff whites, 3 diff blues, 410,420, red, grn

I think u need more;

Cyan 505 nm ,http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Lum...ED-Emitter-Brand-New-/220916768286?pt=LH_Defa)

Blue,470-480 nm
Violet , 410-430 nm
Purple 380-390 nm.

I just order more LEDs , i will build one much bigger, 48" long x 8" . Most Purple (380-390) Violet ( 410-430 ) RB (450- 460) Blue (480-490) Cyan (505) few Deep Red, i will wait for Whites.

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think lower warm k helps growth best but higher bluer k helps coloration not just highlighting. Doesn't the orphek use 17500k? Because it has a lot of blue wavelength in it they don't use that much blue bulbs? I put 8k toward the middle and 10k12k toward the outside so the outer corals don't grow too quick toward the glass.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Oh yeah!! Ordered my new lights today and parts from eztube.com to hold them.

2 Ocean Revive OR-U120! Going on my 65! Gonna need some sunglasses!!! Think I may take the carbon offline and let the water yellow up to give my corals some sunscreen!

I plan on giving them a few months to make sure no issues and then gonna hack them to dim from my controller. :)

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
When i said low K i refer 3.500 K, 6.500 K to 10.000 K will be the best for grow.
i replace the 3.500 K.

ORPHEK ATLANTIK V2

New Features!

? 78 customized high efficiency power LEDs
?? Wi-Fi/ WLAN/ Wireless technologies
?? Android technology
?? Built-in battery backup memory
?? High efficiency Mean Well drivers
?? Eight pre-installed programs & four channels
?? Full dimming capacity in all channels
?? Built-in calendar
?? Large storage with capacity for additional programs
?? Ability to program multiple Atlantiks simultaneously
?? Dawn to dusk & cloud simulators
?? Highest PAR/PUR
?? Ideal Spectrum for coral growth, color & health
? 8 Different types of LEDs
?? New blue/cyan for more fluorescence coral color
?? 42 exclusive UV/violet/white LEDs with increased intensity of Lm/w

Outstanding LED features!

? ? 10 pcs 410nm ? wide range 18k UV ? white LEDs
? ? 21pcs 420nm ? wide range 6k violet ? white LEDs
? ? 7 pcs 470nm wide range blue ? cyan LEDs
? ? 10 pcs 450nm royal blue LEDs
? ? 7 pcs 430nm violet LEDs
? ? 4 pcs 410nm UV LEDs7
? ? 12 pcs full spectrum 18k white LEDs
? ? 7 pcs Wide range red

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Hello reefers,

I am building a fixture for friend of mine and we came up with this color combination. We will be running these led's with LDD-1000h and LDD 700H drivers with Coralux board and controller Storm-X. Please provide your feedback and suggestions and let us know if we have correct color combination. T

Thanks,

Rav

Finish ? any update ?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Not yet I have all the parts but as of right now I am working on my tank once I have the tank, sump and all the equipment in place and leak test passes I will move to light which should not take much time since all the parts are solderless. But once I start that task I will post pictures of the progress and final product...How is your lights been working?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Not yet I have all the parts but as of right now I am working on my tank once I have the tank, sump and all the equipment in place and leak test passes I will move to light which should not take much time since all the parts are solderless. But once I start that task I will post pictures of the progress and final product...How is your lights been working?

Very good, i will post pics, how corals grow, i may start this weekend to build new fix., i already got, Power .....http://www.ebay.com/itm/121153735974?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649.......+ many LEDs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: