• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks wefr, aaron I have vectorworks, but I'm not that great with it. can you do this using these instructions? I don't think I would get the curved slot part right.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was too busy to make it over there today also,
do you guys want to try to meet up tomorrow ?
pm or call me. you could come check out the laser if you
have time. I'm just a few minutes north of the store, lmk.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
wedfr how would you apply them to a jig tho, would the flange be cut first with a CNC then we use the router to trace the jig? or will the print out come out and we just make it out of MDF?

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
wait what are you trying to do? if you have a laser cutter why not just have it cut the whole thing you dont need a jig then.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
spykes, with the laser you can put a square piece of acrylic in the machine, and the computer plots the circle and keyholes, then the laser cuts them all out. you don't have to touch a router until you flush trim the flange after it's glued to the body of the skimmer
nice n easy.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
No problem jhale, with Wedfr's instructions it should be a piece of cake. I can plot those out tomorrow afternoon. After I have gone through the garbage at industrial plastics. I'm hoping to get there around 3 but it all depends on a meeting i have at 11:00 tomorrow morning. So I will keep my eyes open for other manhatan reefers.
I'd love to check out the "laser" if you are around.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well...I can't promise all the time but my friend keeps the machine right upstairs from my door. when I learn how to use it, he said I can use it whenever I want to. so within reason I'll make parts. I just don't want to be chained to the laser machine all summer

maybe we can combine that with some of the BBques I was talking about a month ago. what's better than beer -n- burning plastic?

[ April 14, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: jhale ]

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I guess canal street? or
plastic nuts and bolts .com ,
or try micro plastics , they look pretty good. these places look like they sell in large quantities. we should figure out all the projects everyone wants to make, now and in the future, then order all the little plastic parts at once. I'm sure that will save some money.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i guess we have to call to see whats the price for the screws. i tried calling micro plastics, but they were closed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: