• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Don't have to agree... however, there is nothing wrong with leaving the offer on the table.

To be clear... I am waiting for Ronen. He is from the boards and I would much rather give him my business. But if he comes back and still can't get a better price, and suggests we go elsewhere, then why duplicate the thread? he has been more then fair in the past and will let us know if he can't do better.

Everyone interested is here, the point of contact can reach out to them and see if they are interested in going through the alternate vendor. No need to start another thread.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i happen to agree with Deanos.
This is Ronen's thread, anyone else with an alternative can always PM the info to Ronen and he will make the decision to post that info on his thread, or defer the person should start a new thread.

If this was a Want to Buy thread, things might be different, but as a vendor, this is no different than posting "sale" signs of a competitor in someone's store.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
alrha said:
i happen to agree with Deanos.
This is Ronen's thread, anyone else with an alternative can always PM the info to Ronen and he will make the decision to post that info on his thread, or defer the person should start a new thread.

If this was a Want to Buy thread, things might be different, but as a vendor, this is no different than posting "sale" signs of a competitor in someone's store.

Did the person post the LFS's name?

The thread that I had read didn't have a name of a store. Maybe I missed that one?

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hey every Noob here

Hey every 1, use reef salt and it is amazing how it makes my first love stock as happy as a goat :kidding: :biggrinpa. My question is : IS THERE ANY OTHER REEF SALT that would be compatible to seachem and would save me money adding calcium and carbonite?

I get mine in marinedepot

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
drperetz said:
Hey every 1, use reef salt and it is amazing how it makes my first love stock as happy as a goat :kidding: :biggrinpa. My question is : IS THERE ANY OTHER REEF SALT that would be compatible to seachem and would save me money adding calcium and carbonite?

I get mine in marinedepot

not really, calcium and alk are used up by the animals living in our reef tanks. no matter how much is in the salt when you mix it it will need replenishing in some way.

as for people posting in established group buy threads, I'd say it is not cool, unless there was a question asking people to do so. in this case if Ronen comes back and says it's not going to happen I would ask other vendors or people with connections to help out. till then it's common courtesy to not post competing prices in someone else's thread. I had asked Ronen to use his connections if he can't do it I'll ask others to step up.

and finally, what's up with the salt buy? :sleepy:

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes no sense to me, this guy couldn't get the deal done in two weeks. :snail:

I wasn't even making a dime on it just letting you guys know there was an alternative solution which would get people what they wanted at a fairly good price, and have the salt in a few days.

The post didn't need to be deleted it cound have been moved or I could have had a PM on the issue.:Starwars:

If you guys don't want new members to partispate and have a "insiders click" within the board say so, RC don't treat you like this.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
You are right on that one Divedeeper. It could have been dealt with better and I see no prob with it. If Ronen can get it then go that way, if not there is a solution on the table.

Kasei

PS: Welcome to MR

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
this is nothing personal, there was nothing wrong with providing us with the option, it just isnt polite to post it in someone else's thread.

you are more than welcome to start your own thread and provide the info there...
now :backtotop

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Albert,

Contrary to your beliefs, this is NOT DEEPWATERS thread. It was started by Jhale. The point of the thread was to get the salt. He asked Ronen (Our LFS source "if" he could get it and start a GB)

It seems there is enough interest in seachem salt to buy a palette through Ronen and split it up.

I'll let Ronen give the details on pricing.

Not to make a GB from Ronen as our only source and as it seems that he cannot get it for some reason there was an alternative posted for "US" to consider. He is not rude but an active participant in this salt purchase.

Read first, Post later

Kasei

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
jhale said:
as for people posting in established group buy threads, I'd say it is not cool, unless there was a question asking people to do so. in this case if Ronen comes back and says it's not going to happen I would ask other vendors or people with connections to help out. till then it's common courtesy to not post competing prices in someone else's thread. I had asked Ronen to use his connections if he can't do it I'll ask others to step up.
Kasei,
i've read, now its your turn to read.
Deanos said:
The buy was to occur through Ronen. No open "offer" was made.
Deanos said:
The group buy was to be ordered through a vendor on this site... It's not fair to that vendor, for another vendor to post on this thread... your LFS is free to start another thread with the offer you posted.

a wise man once said:
Pseudo said:
Read first, Post later
i suggest you take that advice

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
First of all that was DEANOS's interpretation. Go by the first post by the person who was starting the thread and GB. Dean is a MOD and not a GOD of MR.

I did read all of that. Now you don't get that there was no mention of which LFS and the post was started by a MEMBER and not a LFS. Info is great if you can understand it.

I don't even understand why Deanos deleted the post for that matter. It would still be a group buy if we were to get it someplace else. If this LFS gets it at the same price as MD and we dont have to pay shipping (If it is close) then why not do it there.

I just like money in my pocket than in someone elses..

Kasei

PS: I did read it. You just wanted to understand what you wanted to.

Last edited:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i am going by the first post, jhale himself agreed that "it is not cool"

i dont know what the big deal is to just post it in a different thread - does it cost more to start a new thread?

i just wanted to show you that i did read before i posted, and i happen to agree with Deanos, and jhale. if there is another way to understand their posts, please enlighten me.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Info is info. It would be of better use here where everyone who wants it is already watching the thread. I dont see the problem. Maybe all of you want to pay more.I owe allegence to no one.

You got people interested in the GB driving to PA to get it and others just buying it straight from whoever will get it to them. So what's the problem.

Kasei

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ok, there is a thread up now of someone selling xenia, should i go post in there that i will give a frag double the size for half the price? maybe you would want that, but i wouldnt do such a thing as i dont think it is very nice, nor would i even bump up my thread as i dont even think that would be very nice either - but that's just me.

you know what, i am not a mod here or anything and i have no power or pull to have posts edited, moved, or deleted.
so there is no point in trying to convince me as it will make no difference one way or another. if you have a problem, take it up with the moderators, lets leave this thread back on topic please.
alrha said:
:backtotop

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
How about this...

I am now opening up the GB to anyone that can get the best price.

Kasei

PS: Once again you want everything to be about you. I am tired of your whining and crap. I answered your posts. You get all huffy like a child. You start aiming your "thoughts at me". This wasn't even about you but about the missing post and the group buy... BUTTTT

Stop hiding behind Moderators posts and say what YOU think about something. i am tired of playing babysitter. If I wanted to delete your threads I would have by now. I don't need to. I like having people look at your posts and say "wow look how stupid and childish"

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Rborgia said:
:rolleyes: ... whatever.

soo... Salt?
I have heard from seachem ,they are not willing to sell only 50 buckets.

I asked a few other suppliers ,and stillwaiting for a reply .
srry that is taking long ,Im doing my best.
If you want to order ,please dont let me stop you with this delay.
I will still try to find a diff sorce and witing for 1 more reply ,thenim stuck with no opions

again srry for the delay
Ronen

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rborgia said:
:rolleyes: ... whatever.

soo... Salt?

I agree so what's up with the salt?

this is salt, not a big deal

can't we all get along :argue: :frown:

okay if it's come to this then lets open up the buy to the best offer

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Divedeeper,

I restored your original post. If you have some more information please contact about your source as I will consider it. Ronen call me later.

Peace...

YES I FELL THE POWER RIPLING THROUGH MY BODY...:Up_to_som

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: