Status
Not open for further replies.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
i have the wp25 set up on my 45G oceanic 24x18x24. its pretty strong for this smaller tank. haha i have it at s3 and it still moves so much water. love it. much stronger than the koralia i had on it and smaller.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't think the WP25 comes with the laptop power supply. People buy the universal power supply so that they can use a WP40 in a smaller tank with a lower voltage. WP40 runs at 28W and peak at 40W.

The pump may not even start properly with lower voltage.

Why do you even need one with WP25 anyway? WP25 runs at 8W and peak at 25W.

If you really need one, they are like $12 on Amazon.

You deff need one if you have a smaller tank. I have solana 34 and I keep my wp25 on the lowest setting of 12v works great!

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks cmantis for the Groupbuy. Picked it up last night.

I have it on W1,S3 Mode, It works great, but the noise is quite annoying. Any way to minimize the noise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8_tHpbxhU

Mine is totally silent and I have the older controller without s123. Make sure the pump isn't touching the glass there should be some space between it and the bracket that holds it inside the tank don't push it all the way in.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Thanks cmantis for the Groupbuy. Picked it up last night.

I have it on W1,S3 Mode, It works great, but the noise is quite annoying. Any way to minimize the noise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8_tHpbxhU

I can't hear anything from my wp25, I can only hear the wp40 when my head is 2" from the glass when at full power.
That said, your video of the pump sounds much louder then mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: