• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
IME wild frags can take over a month to "color up". They seem to turn more blue/purple overall with the red polyps more intense on the outer edges. On the pieces that I've tried, they never get the red polyps throughout the whole piece.
After a few months my frags have bleached and die with no change in my system and all other SPS thriving.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Deanos said:
Did it ever have color, Russ? How long after the pickup, did you receive your frag?

Dean, never had any more color than it has now. Beige, but does have polyps. So I know it's still got flesh and is alive, just not quite the superman colors we all know and love.

- master of the extremely rare and valuable beige superman danae :mad:

RichT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hang in there guys. I recently (2 months maybe) purchased an overpriced superman frag that went beige to almost white. In the last two weeks it has really started coloring up quite nicely. Passing by baby blue with red as red can be polyps. Now if only the rainbow frag I got from Atlantis would do the same I'd be grinning!!!!! :eek:

Sorry House, went to take you a pic and the camera was dead. Oh Well!!!!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
house, thank you for your recommendation about moving my superman to my 75. The lighting seems to be much better and it is finally coloring up. Not only are the polyps turning to orange/red but the flesh is picking up some blues as well.

It is just in the beginning stages of coloring up but I'll try to post some progression pix this week.

master

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You can buy a whole colony of a wild "superman" danae for $100. $hit coral IMO
This is one coral that you really need to get tank raised.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
As promised.........(just for you Dean!! ;) )

Now the pix don't really show the colors coming out, but in person they are really appearing.

Here's Feb. 4th:

SupFeb42006.jpg

Feb. 13th:

SuperFeb13.jpg

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: